Hood shocks for cheap

HIDPLANET

89 1JZGTE
I ran across www.liftsupportsdepot.com and ordered a pair of supports for the Supra hood. There is a 10% discount right now and their prices are MUCH cheaper than the dealership. Dont really know how long they will last but it seems better than using pep boys ones which will fail in a few months.

I already ordered so if they fail quickly (I dont expect them to) i'll let you guys know.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
That is a good price. $18.50 each for the two for the hood. I think I paid $35.00 each for mine about six months ago.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I bought mine through O'reilley's for about $19 ea. Their regional warehouse is here in town, so I could probably get as many as needed. I have had them on both of my cars for about a year without any problems.

One Jay Z

Supra Dupra
Dec 20, 2006
SK Canada
Not to steal the thread, but thought i'd just ask if they'd work on a JZA70. I'd imagine so cause the body isn't much different.

CassMori

Boost Addict
mattjk said:
how much are stock shocks? mine lasted 15 years

~$130 (EACH!) or so when I checked a few days ago at the local dealer - he said he could let me have them for ~$85 each though :stickpoke . According to him, it's not just Supra hood shocks, they're expensive for pretty much all Toyotas. I bought mine from AutoZone, $19.99 ea. iirc, and work just fine.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
One Jay Z said:
Not to steal the thread, but thought i'd just ask if they'd work on a JZA70. I'd imagine so cause the body isn't much different.

if by not much different you mean the same, then yes the JZA70 isn't much different.

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
CassMori said:
~$130 (EACH!) or so when I checked a few days ago at the local dealer - he said he could let me have them for ~$85 each though :stickpoke . According to him, it's not just Supra hood shocks, they're expensive for pretty much all Toyotas. I bought mine from AutoZone, $19.99 ea. iirc, and work just fine.
It's worth it if is last another 15 years for me... I've heard the autozone and other cheapies only last 2 years