Hi from Seattle

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
I met a member of this forum a couple of weeks ago at a toyota meet.

I drive a 1989 Cressida with a 1JZGTE engine. It's my drift car but I also drive it around :)

Even though I do not have a supra, My car has many supra parts. It's sort of supra related so I thought I'd join the site. Hopefully I can help out and learn from others.

Btw, Here's a pic of my engine :)

engineshot.jpg

Nice meeting everyone.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Sweet ride, and welcome! I love anything with a Straight 6 and Toyota badge.

Last edited:

Disced

Pie + NYQuil = FTW
Apr 5, 2005
Edmonds, Wa
Welcome to the forums.. You should check out the NW forums real quick.. we are trying to get kiddies together to meet up @ the puget park drive in.. Either this sat/sun or next sat/sun.. not sure yet.. but go vote!

kylefoto

I am not ASIAN!
May 7, 2006
Lynnwood, WA
www.myspace.com
Disced said:
Welcome to the forums.. You should check out the NW forums real quick.. we are trying to get kiddies together to meet up @ the puget park drive in.. Either this sat/sun or next sat/sun.. not sure yet.. but go vote!
he's got the right idea :)
definately come out to the meet man!

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
You guys should come out to an event. It should be really fun.

as far as my drifting goes, I've been doing it actively for about 3 years. Previously I've only owned Corollas. I just thought I'd try something different :)

The cressida is a fine platform. It takes some getting used to but I'm sure drifting one isn't much different than a supra. The car is a bit lighter (mine's 2880 on the truck scale) but that can be taken care of with a thorough diet. I'd love to see some supras out there honestly. They are cool especially mk3.

I'll be coming to the local supra meets for sure. So come on out to the track :)

Okay so here's a few more pics:

my mk3 diff
diffrear.JPG

p266517_1.jpg

Haha 3rd gear
p266517_2.jpg

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
My front end is from the JDM version of the car called Toyota MarkII. And the lower lip is from an R32 skyline GTR.

Here's how it normally looks for the american market:

2191799_5_full.jpg

Kinda ugly/boring huh?

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Yeah its an ma70 carrier with lsd in it. I had to remake the mounting points for it ut it works great.

The cressida has a 3 bolt carrier with only one bolt near the pinion flange. I'm pretty sure it would've broken off.

I feel a lot better about it nowwith 4 mounting points.

I can post more engine pics tonight when I get home tonight.

If your friend needs help I don't mind sharing. He can email if he wants.