Hey Everyone ! ** Updated Pics !!! **

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Hi everyone, my name is Chris and I from Louisiana. I am in the process of acquiring my 1st Supra, and its a 89' model with low mileage and a few mods. I wanted a stock car, but could not find one (not in decent shape anyway...). I will post up pics as soon as the car is in my driveway. I'm excited to be on here because from what I have read so far, the people on here are very helpful, and share my helpless addiction to the world of the automotive enthusiast. :icon_bigg

Last edited:

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
I have'nt took delivery of the car yet...that's why I said "In the process of acquiring"...I've made the deal, but the guy got called out of town on business. I went ahead and posted up because I wanted to research info on here and did not want my acount to get deleted...haha. I promise pics as soon as possible, it's a fairly clean car.

PS> It's a 7MGTE/ R154 --Red/Grey-Targa

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Ok.. since I can't wait until Wednesday when I get the car.. I'll go ahead and post a photo of the supra as I found it listed on Autotrader...hopefully this will make y'all feel a lil better...:icon_bigg

p1420780_1.jpg

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
When you get it, get rid of that "sleepy eye" headlight thing, looks horrible...

Otherwise, congrats on finding a clean Supra, and welcome to the Mania

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
the sleepy-eye junk is the first thing I am pulling...lol. after that I will be putting the fog lights back in. and ty for the welcome !

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
You should remove those rims and put saw blades back on her. Then give me those rims ;)

P.S. First thing you need to do is get a front lip on her

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Airhead04---Well the guy is out of state-so no I have not drove it, however, we have talked about the car in great detail.. I mean I have really picked his brain on the condition of the car...lol.

92NSX-- I am getting the stock sawblades with the car...sadly though.. I am keeping the rims that are on there...at least until I put something else on there lol.

jessemkiiis-- thank you, it is the cleanest one I could find within my budget.

I also will be moving the turbo timer away the top of the steering wheel..and to a more suitable location and more permanent location.

BTW--this site is awesome!! I have read a few build-up threads, and I must admit..I know nothing compared to a lot of you..haha. I will be looking to do a BOV, FFIM, the coil-pack mod and a couple other things right away. I will post up better pics as soon as the car is officially mine. Thanks everyone !:icon_bigg

7mgte3sgte

Wreckinyard scavenger
Apr 5, 2005
Boyd, Texas
home.earthlink.net
congrats but id ask for a compression test just me personally there though that and let the engine get warmed up befor you hand over the cash let it see if its got slight rod knock or not alot of stuff can be hidden when a engine is cold and fired up only for a few minutes check the coolant resvoir make sure there are no rainbows in there and also check the dipstick for chocolate milk substance just cover your bases man

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
7mgte3sgte;1423324 said:
congrats but id ask for a compression test just me personally there though that and let the engine get warmed up befor you hand over the cash let it see if its got slight rod knock or not alot of stuff can be hidden when a engine is cold and fired up only for a few minutes check the coolant resvoir make sure there are no rainbows in there and also check the dipstick for chocolate milk substance just cover your bases man

Oh I am same way..lol. I'm going over the car very carefully and checking everything. My bro is coming over to help check her out with me. The guy does have to drive it 500 miles to get here. I've already got my compression-check gauge sitting out on my workbench lol.

MKIIISupraGuy

Sep 14, 2009
Lousy-ana
Ok , well the guy got here too late in the afternoon to take care of business..so he is staying overnight and then when will meet back up at 9am to take care of paperwork. As for the car... OMG !! It is everything he said it is and then some !! The motor is clean, all body panels are dentless, it runs like a ...well..hehe..use your imagination..lol. The interior is dam near perfect, I saw one little crack in the dash lens, right below the fuel gauge. He showed up with the OEM sawblades...which look surprisingly good, minor curb rash on one of them..and I mean minor. All of them had very nice rubber. Also was a box of goodies, like oem cam cover, intake, fog lights, front turn signals etc. The car has the original spare and jack in mint condition, as well as the roof removal tool with the little cover caps for the roof bolts. The bad: 1 fog light got water in it, 1 piece of the black grille insert is missing (passenger side), the back seat has a 2 inch slight separation at the seam in the seat cushion behind the driver. Rear glass wiper needs a blade. The A/C does'nt blow very cold. Thats about it, the guy offered to cut me a check for the A/c re-charge. I'll post up pics after all the paperwork is done, it's dark now anyway...lol.