help with my 89

my89supra

Nov 21, 2010
new jersey
I have an 89 7mgte, and currently im out in nc on vacation... on the way here my water pump started to go causing the fan to shatter... i replaced my water pump and got an electric fan but it over heats now... and the boost only goes up to 4 lbs... normally runs around 7... i need to make it back to jersey by this thursday so if anyone has any solutions to my issues i would greatly appreciate it... i am strapped for cash and have run out of ideas...

Last edited:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If your overheating either your fan is not pulling enough air which is usually what happens with cheap electric fans or you have a bhg.

And the intro section is not for tech questions.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Worst case scenario, do you have anywhere you can stash the car for now? Failing that, a tow can't be too expensive, I think the distance between NC and NJ is less than the width of I-80's stretch through Wyoming...

What hvyman says is right though. If you're overheating, chances are good you just don't have a powerful enough electric fan. Many of them are like that, and Supras generate a LOT of heat, especially turbo cars. If you do have to drive it, take your time, and don't push it. Seriously, no boost for you until this gets fixed if you want to be able to salvage this thing.