Help Please - Need Auto Trans ECU For MA70 Supra

SkipC

Feb 12, 2008
Dunkirk, MD
Group,
Anyone have, either a turbo or non-turbo, automatic trans computer
(ECU) they'd like to sell ?? Mine is basically toast - probably a bad solder joint or cracked board. My auto trans works perfectly about 50% of the time and shift from first straight to fourth the rest of the time.
Trans ECU sets codes for bad #2 and lock-up solenoids. Both solenoid resistances check out fine per the TSRM. So, I put a volt meter on the #2 solenoid signal out terminal and another on the lock-up signal out terminal of the trans ECU. Signals should read zero volts (solenoid off) or battery voltage (solenoid on). Voltage readings are zero and battery voltage for both solenoids when the trans is shifting fine. The rest of the time, the #2 solenoid signal will drift up to around nine volts, and when this happens, the #2 solenoid does not activate (and I have no second gear). The lock-up solenoid signal will not move from zero when the #2 solenoid signal is reading nine volts. Otherwise, the signal for the lock-up solenoid is fine.
Anyway, since the solenoids work fine when they receive the correct ECU signal, I believe I should start with getting a known good trans computer. Toyota dealer says any 7M trans computer (turbo or non-turbo) 1986-1988 will work fine.
So, any suggestions on where to look for the trans ECU ? Or, anyone have an extra they'd like to sell ??
Please E-Mail me at wellner.christian@navy.mil.
Thanks Much !1 Skip "86 Supra (MA70)

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
SkipC;1181539 said:
Group,
Anyone have, either a turbo or non-turbo, automatic trans computer
(ECU) they'd like to sell ?? Mine is basically toast - probably a bad solder joint or cracked board. My auto trans works perfectly about 50% of the time and shift from first straight to fourth the rest of the time.
Trans ECU sets codes for bad #2 and lock-up solenoids. Both solenoid resistances check out fine per the TSRM. So, I put a volt meter on the #2 solenoid signal out terminal and another on the lock-up signal out terminal of the trans ECU. Signals should read zero volts (solenoid off) or battery voltage (solenoid on). Voltage readings are zero and battery voltage for both solenoids when the trans is shifting fine. The rest of the time, the #2 solenoid signal will drift up to around nine volts, and when this happens, the #2 solenoid does not activate (and I have no second gear). The lock-up solenoid signal will not move from zero when the #2 solenoid signal is reading nine volts. Otherwise, the signal for the lock-up solenoid is fine.
Anyway, since the solenoids work fine when they receive the correct ECU signal, I believe I should start with getting a known good trans computer. Toyota dealer says any 7M trans computer (turbo or non-turbo) 1986-1988 will work fine.
So, any suggestions on where to look for the trans ECU ? Or, anyone have an extra they'd like to sell ??
Please E-Mail me at wellner.christian@navy.mil.
Thanks Much !1 Skip "86 Supra (MA70)
e-mail sent