help me build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2007
oakdale, california
i am just looking to make about 400 bhp...but...i wanna try and keep the cost to a minimum.

i am working with a twin turbo 2jz, so...i dont think 400 bhp is too difficult...

Last edited:

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
A lightweight flywheel could theoretically free up some power with the reduced rotating mass.....

....but I don't think it would matter at all.

400bhp is pretty easy. My 1JZ on cams and stock boost made 315 to the wheels.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
theciviceater89 said:
hm.. ok... cool. i was thinking..each turbo on 7.5 psi? too much? too little? can i go for more on stock turbos?

It doesn't work like that. one turbo pushing 7.5psi + another turbo pushing 7.5psi =/ 15psi. It's still 7.5PSI. The stock turbos will not run boost that low.

15psi is 15psi from both turbos. You're doubling the flow, not the pressure.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
are these jdm or usdm turbos? regardless, intake, exhaust, downpipe, highflow cat(or testpipe), FMIC, hardpipes, boost controller, USDM injectors (or other 540cc injectors), walbro(or stock TT MKIV pump) AFPR and some way to tune should get you there.

May 23, 2007
oakdale, california
lolz....FMIC?

and i was gunna do a little dress up kit. all pipes become metal right? then helps performance, right?

also...2jz turbos are safe at 10 psi? so..two turbos, 10 psi=20 pounds of boost...man, my idiocy amazes even me. so..it wont hurt the engine itself with a total 0f 20 psi?

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
theciviceater89 said:
also...2jz turbos are safe at 10 psi? so..two turbos, 10 psi=20 pounds of boost...man, my idiocy amazes even me. so..it wont hurt the engine itself with a total 0f 20 psi?
Ok, your comprehension is FTL. Seriously, this has been explained in this thread already.
PRESSURES DO NOT WORK LIKE THAT

You don't get 10psi + 10psi. If both turbos are set at 10psi (which is stock BTW), you get a TOTAL pressure of..........10psi! The only difference in a twin setup vs a single is that each turbo will be putting out half the airflow at that pressure vs a single turbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.