HAY from Gainesville FL!

MoreliaSpilota

Sep 7, 2009
Gainesville, FL
soo... have a '88 turbo MKIII, I thought this was going to be a nightmare, huge hassel headache problem car, but it turns out I actually ENJOY this car. Granted it has its faults (sat in someone's yard for a long time), I think it's going to become something great.

Just have to do the basic maintenance fix up stuff, then I get to start the mods.

I've been thinking about doing a re-build, buying another 7mgte and building it up, then swapping it into my car.

uhm... I think that's about it. Of course, I don't have pictures yet (I'll get to that)

the interior is completely cracked, fuggo, and I didn't even get a back seat.

Also, I only have a 3" downpipe that makes me disoriented if I boost with the windows up (fail)

Any other Gainesville or north central florida crew?

ps - might need a good machine shop recommendation. I'm going to redo the headgasket but i want to make sure that it's completely level...

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Right here! 7MBoost is here, too - head out to the Intmo meets on Thursday nights to meet up some of the local crew.

DO NOT USE PARTSCO. The only thing I'd recommend you do for machine work, is take your engine to Bryan Maloof in Duluth, GA. Drive there, HE IS WORTH IT. Recommend 100% ;)

Pics, btw. Worthless without pics.

MoreliaSpilota

Sep 7, 2009
Gainesville, FL
Doward;1405497 said:
Right here! 7MBoost is here, too - head out to the Intmo meets on Thursday nights to meet up some of the local crew.

DO NOT USE PARTSCO. The only thing I'd recommend you do for machine work, is take your engine to Bryan Maloof in Duluth, GA. Drive there, HE IS WORTH IT. Recommend 100% ;)

Pics, btw. Worthless without pics.
holy crap! that's a drive! No one closer? :(

I heard about intmo meets, I used to be in the local jeep club and saw a TON of high school kids there (not bashing intmo, but kids driving daddy's audi ftl), is there a good time to go?

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
After a bunch of BS in the spring, the kids don't come out now. It's only the INTMO members and serious car freaks :) Generally around 10 is when we start meeting up

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
No problem - you'll only rarely see me out there (hey, I work for a living!) but there are quite a few regulars. Sav / Grant / Jerry / Jeff / etc

MoreliaSpilota

Sep 7, 2009
Gainesville, FL
well like I said in my other thread, if anyone is going to be around this weekend in the area and would be nice enough to stop by and give me their opinion on what's up with the car, or if anyone has a compression tester, I'd greatly appreciate it :)