hatch leak hummmmm

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
well i have had this issue wiht my hatch all ways leaking as soon as pop my hatch the water poors out the back plastick peac

give me some idea's

teh rear wing has bean siconed on so it don't leak form there far as i know of

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
how bad is the leak> where on the seal is it located? on my hatch i had a small leak caused by a cut in the seal so i just gooped it. if thats aas bad as yours is ypu should try tthyat. if not. automotive goop works pretty good :biglaugh:

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
mine leaks a bit to. Only 1 drip very sec. 1.5sec. so its not a big leak at all but it does drip from the same spot as yours.

92turbo4life

Banned
Sep 12, 2005
wherever
mine does after a car wash as well like 5 drops every 3 seconds but when it rains it doesnt leak at all... wtf is dat... need some iodeas:1zhelp:

malloynx

Mar 30, 2005
NC
seal the rear wiper, and if you have a spolier that needs to come off and be sealed as well. those are the only areas what can leak, if water pouring out when oyu lift the hatch.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
check the seal around the glass, mine was leaking hella bad, then i caulked it with some clear silicon, and it solved the problem.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
malloynx said:
seal the rear wiper, and if you have a spolier that needs to come off and be sealed as well. those are the only areas what can leak, if water pouring out when oyu lift the hatch.

there's one more place that would put water where Nash has some.

right at the bottom of the hatch glass, there's a piece of molding. if that's any bit loose, or not sealed well, water will get in the hatch. that's my next project. once i do that, i'll be 100% leak free. :)

-shaeff

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
all of you guys that have this leak may want to look for water in your spare tire hole. mine leaks too from the same spot behind the plastic and a few days after i bought my car i go to take the spare out and theres like an inch and a half of water in there. now i know why the pervious owner kept it in the garage.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
shaeff said:
there's one more place that would put water where Nash has some.

right at the bottom of the hatch glass, there's a piece of molding. if that's any bit loose, or not sealed well, water will get in the hatch. that's my next project. once i do that, i'll be 100% leak free. :)

-shaeff

thats what i said. above.

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
I get water in my spare tire well to. I also found a cracked weld in the water gutter/rail of the hatch which is probably causing the water in the tire well. The drip from the plastic on the hact only happend when the hatch is up.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
i think ot goi got replace teh gasket going around the hatch shine it is riped

or glue it bakc toggter

PIONEER

Wallet Wide Open
Mar 30, 2005
Raleigh, Nc
Mine has been leaking for a while. so this time I've replaced the rubber seal around the hatch door, took the molding around the hatch glass off and ReGooped the Glass, Put new foam washers on the molding and screwed the molding tight to the glass, Changed the gaskets on the spoiler. I have left the plastic panel in the hatch door off to see if this guy is still leaking.

Washed the car and didn't notice any water coming out.

Havn't replaced the wiper seal yet. I guess if it still leaks, thats the next step.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
okay so i had same problem with the hatch leaking but now i dont. there is a piece of trim at bottom of window and u can access it by removing the plastic trim on inside of hatch. it pops off. look for bolt studs sticking out of hatch along the window there are 4. remove them (8mm nuts) then push evenly on all four so to remove trim with out damagin it. u will notice on opposite side the 3 clips the retain the glass for the hatch. i put silicone sealer around those and also where the blots go. i think i put to much down but i will never notice because the trim will hide it. re install the trim and bolt it down snugly cuz plastic is brittle. and presto! watersealed! my hatch would leak around the plastic on inside when u open it and now it doesnt. any questions or comments PM me

nuggets

Apr 14, 2009
Boston
I have quite a bit of water leaking in. I replaced the spoiler seals and the wiper gasket but no luck. I even removed my lower glass molding, cleaned it, siliconed it, and it still leaks. Next step is to buy new molding and foam washers.