group a throttle body

91suprat

1991 Black Supra Turbo
Apr 4, 2005
Chicago Area
group a supra said:
wasnt somebody after a genuine group a throttle body not so long back
any way i am selling mine here in the uk as replaced it with 100mm one.
if any one is intrested let me know

group a or turbo a? if its turbo a what are you asking for it? i may be interested.

Darkcyde

Workin' Man
Mar 30, 2005
La Villa Strangiato
Is this the car you speak of?

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Djon

May 8, 2005
That’s brilliant.

How did you manage to get your hands on the GPA motor? Do you have another GPA motor for sale?

I have never seen another road car with a real GPA motor in it before, are you the only one in the world to have the racing motor in your road car. It has those TRD cams and special head yes.

What does it drive like? Dose it rev hard? How big are those cams?

Sorry for all the questions, you have a very special motor.

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
there is one other road car with gpa motor that i know of and that is in australia but it has been down graded in spec where as i am over specing mine my last lump was gpa but we holed head and block and yes it is a gpa head and cams with 12mm lift 284 degree duration
i dont have a spare lump but do have a 65mm id throttle body and crank
it is abit lumpy to be fair but as you can see by photos it is under going preperation for motec to replace my ageing racetech system and to take a garrett gt42r turbo plus various other stripped out bits we are going for record of 1000rwhp dont think its been done but we have the right lump just need 12 months of work before its ready!!!!!!!!!

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Hey group A,

Is the plenum chamber of the intake manifold just bolted onto the stock lower intake runners or is it all specially designed and tuned?

cheers,
roy

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Any info on the crank pulley? I want one with only 2 belt grooves as without ac it'd save some rotational mass. Any info?
eric

group a supra

SPAWNING AN INTERCEPTOR
the crank pulley you speak of is not avaliable but if you have the standard one machined works equaly well i did actualy do one for somebody .
as for the inlet manifold the gpa one used standard manifold and runners thats my new plenum welded not bolted to original runners with what just happens to look like a veilside throttle body one might say .
:ttiwwp:
a little pic of how mine looked 5 years ago gpa but not what it is today

Attachments

• billings08.jpg
    billings08.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 51