Greedy Profec B boost controller

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
I'm not Pete, or Joe the mechanic, cause alot of things I just lack the experience of doing it, but I am able to work the wrench and have comon sense,,

I have installed the apexi power intake, high flow turbo elbo, 3" HKS D/P , and Greddy cat back w/out no cat.
have but not installed the Lexus AFM, 550's ,high flow fuel pump,
question is, I've had the boost controller for a few yrs , but never put it in , from the lack of knowing what all to do .... can any one enlighten me preferable with pics on exactly what to do ,, as if your telling a dummy ....

and also to tell me what the pro's and cons are ..........

thanks

Will

Last edited:

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Run the wires to the actuator through the factory harness grommet.
Keep the vacuum lines as short as possible.
All the wires you need to power the unit with are in the radio harness, or in the cigarette lighter, but the radio harness is easier to work with.

You have the old Profec B, correct? Not the B-SpecII? If you have the older one, be glad. The SpecII is difficult to get to understand...

Read your manual! Know what the knobs do, how to adjust them to get what you want out of your car, it's much different than any MBC. There are way more variables.

As far as installation, there are threaded holes on the passenger side fenderwell that are unused. You should be able to put a bolt into one of those to hold the actuator in place. At least that's what I did.

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
box just says B- SPEC .

nothing on the box indicates II..

um,, got any pics,, ? pics work so, so much better for me to understand without knowing anything about this install. makes more sense to understand with some pics .....

Will

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
pros and cons of the boost controller?

Pros- boost comes on hard to max boost, no gradually as it would with a stock setup. Boost will go straight to what you set it at almost as soon as it hits positive.

You can set the boost to whatever you want

You have a high and low setting. You can run low boost most of the time, and at the push of a button have high boost when you really want the extra power.

The boost controller has a vac/boost display built in, you can see manifold vaccum, and also boost pressure, and it will display peak pressure.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Gixx: I don't quite understand how a Controller can make a turbo boost faster?

Only thing I can think of is the WG is slowly opening on the ramp up and the controller holds it shut until the open point is hit?

ojonesjr

Boost Hungry!!!!!
Aug 30, 2005
PA
I have the profec B II...Yes it's difficult to work with...It took me a while to get to understand it. Question for you...What are your settings? That was my main prob. I couldn't find anyone setting examples. I have a 90 that I am now doing the fuel upgrades. Thanks.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
dont use someone elses settings, as every motor is different. ;)

-shaeff