Fucking Con Artists

p5150

ASE and FAA A&P Certified
Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
Below is a transcript from a recent inquiry I had about a MKIV. I saw the ad in a local paper with a complete VIN and the car was listed for $4000. I thought that perhaps somebody had a shell or that it was wrecked or had a blown motor or both. I wanted to check it out and thought what could it hurt?

Be sure to read it from the bottom up. Keep in mind it is an email transcript.

OK Mary –

Here’s my address:

601 4th Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20535-0002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2007 2:07 PM
To: xxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: TOYOTA SUPRA 1998 TWIN TURBO 6 SPEED TARGA TOP MINT

First you have to send me your full name and address to start the transaction case at Yahoo Finance.

And when they will notify you with the details.

I allready told you that I don't have time to sell this car in person and that's way I choose Yahoo Finance to manage this transaction.

Mary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: "'mary pearce'" <marysgolds@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 13:29:42 -0700

Hi Mary – I am in Los Angeles right now! I would love to see the car.

Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 8:12 AM
To: xxxxxxx

Ok, I will wait for your reply.

Mary

Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 08:06:41 -0700

Ok sounds good – I just have to get the money and it could take me a day or so. $4000 isnt very much for such a great deal so it should be pretty easy!

Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 7:40 AM
To: xxxxxxx

I know this is not a good way to start a transaction but I can't talk to you over the phone, I know it would be easier for both of us but I have a hearing problem and it's difficult for me to deal with buyers in person, that's why I chosed this escrow service(Yahoo! Finance). To tell you the true I'm also affraid to deal with buyers in person ( because of my handicap ).

We can talk via email .Email is always a 'gentle' form of communication. I'll try to stay online as much as I can.

If we are going to have a transaction I will need your complete name and address to initiate a new transaction case at Yahoo! Finance, please provide me with your purchase & shipping details (name and address "shipping address aswell if different from your address"). After I receive your details I will initiate a new transaction case at Yahoo! Finance and they will contact you with the complete details of this transaction.

Thank you!

Mary

Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 07:25:39 -0700

That’s awesome – it sounds like a great way to sell the car – that way both of us are protected! Could you send me your phone number so that I can call you?

Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 4:17 AM
To: xxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com
Subject: TOYOTA SUPRA 1998 TWIN TURBO 6 SPEED TARGA TOP MINT

Hello,

Sorry for mailing you so late!

I'm glad that you're interested in my car. The car is street legal and accurate. It comes with all the documents needed for registration, it has a clear title and it can be registred into your name at any time. I am willing to sell it for $4000.This buy now price does include the shipping and insurance fees. I'm located in Los Angeles,CA and the car is here as well and so this is where the car will be shipped from. I've done some research and the best and fastest way I can ship it is using Hemisphere cargo Shipping Ltd which takes between 4 to 6 days to arrive at your door (door to door handling and shipping insurance fee included). I am affiliated with Yahoo! Finance where I have a purchase protection account for $ 10,000.00. This service allows us to complete this transaction in a manner that is quick and safe for both of us. It acts as a third party between seller and buyer to insure that both parties comply to transaction requirements and provides dispute resolution and mediation between parties. Yahoo! Finance is responsible to insure that both parties comply to transaction requirements. If this is ok with you please reply with your complete name, address and shipping address in your next email and let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about this purchase so that I can open a transaction case at Yahoo! Finance and move forward with this deal.

Thank you

Mary Pearce

Now look up my address and see where it takes you.

Dont worry, I reported this fucker to ic3.gov and kept them on the hook a few days prior.

p5150

Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
This jackass didnt get it and has continued to reply to me. "she" has even gone as far as to open a Yahoo transaction with the address of the FBI HQ!

I hate con artists!

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
"I know this is not a good way to start a transaction but I can't talk to you over the phone, I know it would be easier for both of us but I have a hearing problem and it's difficult for me to deal with buyers in person, that's why I chosed this escrow service(Yahoo! Finance). To tell you the true I'm also affraid to deal with buyers in person ( because of my handicap )."

ding!
i'm still a little confused about the whole thing..fbi scamming people?

p5150

Mar 31, 2005
Central Idaho
no dude - one email is me and the other is the con. They were trying to con me so I told them my address - except I was a little bit off.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
i've heard of something like this. in a local news paper a while back, there was an add that read, "buy a brand new blazer for $2000 dollars, send check to (address) and we will send you your new blazer in what ever color you want." people sent money, and they got a jacket. (blazer)