Front facing intake and what mods should be done when changing motor?

3day240sx

Oct 25, 2006
millington, TN
I have seen a few front facing intakes and most of them look different. Are all of them homade or can you buy them somewhere?

I have very little knowledge of Supras. I normally deal with 240sxs and have dealt with a few d-series hondas. I have a 90 turboed MKIII SHELL, yep thats the kicker. Well I am thinking about putting a 7m back in it but with how many problems I hear with them I don't know what I need to replace before I drop the motor in. I know it needs a headgasket and head studs. I was thinking about throwing in new rod and main bearings also. The motor I will get will most likely come from a junkyard too. Anything else ya'll would suggest?

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
if your getting a junkyard motor plan on rebuilding it from top to bottom with a metal headgasket and youll be fine

ffims are for the most part custom endevors. I'm running a RonR manifold who makes them for alot of members in 2 different styles (long and short runner) there are at least 2 other organizations here on the forums that make ffims but there are still some custom things you will need to address when going ffim.

i strongly suggest you search some as this topic has been covered alot. check the build section especially.