Front and rear glass clip kits???

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
Silly me for wanting to replace my windshield with a crack in it, or replace the moldings around the windshield that look like crap. Glass place says there is a clip kit needed, the dealership has no idea for the windshield. For the hatch glass, dealership says there are clips and gave conflicting info on weather or not they are needed if the molding are replaced too. Basically I am replacing the front windshield and the moldings also want the hatch glass resealed and new molding installed. The question is then what are the clip kits they are talking about, are they needed for the moldings, and are there after market clips that would work too. Look forward to any info and help on this matter.

Thanks
Scooter...................

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
$500 will buy you all the moldings on the car! (with discount)
Ask me how I know ;)

The clips hold the molding to the windshield, the urethane holds the clips in place. Everything works together, but I didn't mention it because the OP stated he was getting a new windshield installed.

New moldings do come with clips, btw.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I used to work for LOF wholesale auto glass. We stocked clip kits for anything imaginable. Have your glass company call LOF (Pilkington now), or PPG, or even Safelite. It should not be hard to find them. LOF has over 100 service centers around the country, and can pull from any of them overnight if needed.

PCguylovesSupra

Happy go lucky......
Jun 18, 2007
Southwest MI
Yea I got all of the molding for under $500.00. I did however last year get a new front lower cowl that is carbon fiber, no more rusting out and only $20 more than from a dealership. Car is going to look so much better at the Indy2k10 meet.

lowtaco

Jul 8, 2009
Under a damn Toyota
supra90turbo;1529689 said:
$500 will buy you all the moldings on the car! (with discount)
Ask me how I know ;)

The clips hold the molding to the windshield, the urethane holds the clips in place. Everything works together, but I didn't mention it because the OP stated he was getting a new windshield installed.

New moldings do come with clips, btw.

Depending on which moldings you replaced I call BS...
Windshield (all three)
Drip Rail (hardtop)
Quarter Glass (both upper and lower)
Hatch (all four sides)
Not adding lower belt moldings, lower cowl panel or B pillar vents, DEALER COST (price what I pay) was over 750 for all the above mentioned. Ive just bought every moulding for mine so I know. So me thinks you didnt get ALL the moldings.