FREE LABOR/HELPER 1JZ swap (houston area)

suprarell

Aug 28, 2008
HOUSTON, TX
You read it right. I've done tons of reading and research for my upcoming swap. Now I need to get my hands dirty. Therefore anyone in the houston area that's planning to complete a swap, I would like to offer an extra pair of hands and some muscle. Many of you already have the knowledge and experience I hope to gain. What better way to get that knowledge. Consider it charity work on your part or breaking-in a newbie, either way I'd like to be involved.
PM me or email so we can work out the dates.

Thanks,

Terrell

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
smart! If he doesnt see this contact "Got Boost?" (note the space in there). Alex is undergoing a JZ swap now, I think its almost done though, but he can probably hook you up with Ken who does JZ swaps regularly for people.

p.s. you might want to post this in the southern regional section.

suprarell

Aug 28, 2008
HOUSTON, TX
Facime;1124117 said:
smart! If he doesnt see this contact "Got Boost?" (note the space in there). Alex is undergoing a JZ swap now, I think its almost done though, but he can probably hook you up with Ken who does JZ swaps regularly for people.

p.s. you might want to post this in the southern regional section.

thanks I will look them up as well as additionally post in the southern area.

Terrell

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
some one rang? lol. I got your PM Terrell.

I'm almost done with mine. Got a BHG, so i need to remove the head, send that out to be machined, and replace the gasket. Then figure out some BS electrical issue that's causing my gauge cluster, turn signals, rear tail lights from working. bleh.

Ken's been uber busy lately with some personal business, so I've been helping him with what he needs to get done and in doing so, we haven't touched my car in about 3 weeks. :-\

Aside from my swap, most of the swaps are happening at Roger's shop off of the Beltway and Hammerly on the west side of town. He's currently in the process of finishing up one JZA70 swap and is now working on a 2JZGTE swap into a '95 5-spd SC300.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Got Boost?;1124159 said:

I'm almost done with mine. Got a BHG, so i need to remove the head, send that out to be machined, and replace the gasket. Then figure out some BS electrical issue that's causing my gauge cluster, turn signals, rear tail lights from working. bleh.

Ken's been uber busy lately with some personal business, so I've been helping him with what he needs to get done and in doing so, we haven't touched my car in about 3 weeks. :-\

Aside from my swap, most of the swaps are happening at Roger's shop off of the Beltway and Hammerly on the west side of town. He's currently in the process of finishing up one JZA70 swap and is now working on a 2JZGTE swap into a '95 5-spd SC300.

sc300 is the easiest swap for a 2jzgte and the cheapest lol

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
tlo86;1124169 said:
sc300 is the easiest swap for a 2jzgte and the cheapest lol

Lol. I hope it is.

A few of us were talking last night and two of us were thinking about semi-seriously selling our 1JZ MK3s in favor of a GTE SC300, but we'll see how that goes in the upcoming months.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Got Boost?;1124208 said:
Lol. I hope it is.

A few of us were talking last night and two of us were thinking about semi-seriously selling our 1JZ MK3s in favor of a GTE SC300, but we'll see how that goes in the upcoming months.

when i did a gte into a sc300 it cost 3700$ including the engine seals water pump harness.. and reused the n/a fan with spacers and used the n/a accessories and sold all the extra parts so added up it might have been less than 3700. but he kept the W58 :(so that made things real cheap right there

suprarell

Aug 28, 2008
HOUSTON, TX
Got Boost?;1124159 said:

THANKS, what's the contact info or address for Roger's shop. If you rather pm the info, great! I'm off both friday and saturday if thats helpful.

Terrell

NgoFcukinWay

Formerly Got Boost?
Apr 3, 2005
Houston, Tx
suprarell;1124297 said:
THANKS, what's the contact info or address for Roger's shop. If you rather pm the info, great! I'm off both friday and saturday if thats helpful.

Terrell

I don't have the address, but I can PM you directions. I'll get you his phone number later this week. Oddly enough, I don't have it. :-\