Found a Godfather supra... check it out *pics*

SuprAng

Garage Queen VV
Apr 4, 2005
Toronto, ON
reposting this from sf, since I know a few guys from here don't visit those forums.

Was driving around and found this on a used car lot. Imported, RHD TT. Pretty clean. Never seen a Godfather kit up close. It looks a lot better than in the pictures. Only things missing from the kit were the fender flares and wing. Snapped a few pics with my phone for your enjoyment.

p985852_1.jpg

p985852_2.jpg

p985852_3.jpg

Ang

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
agreed

The fun thing about the godfather is you'd actually be able to put nice flush mount headlights in with it...

Still don't understand the whole hinge license plate hanger on JDM cars though...

SuprAng

Garage Queen VV
Apr 4, 2005
Toronto, ON
def. needs a more aggressive offset and different wheels.

The hinge flips your plate so you can get more air to the intercooler. Or at least that's what I always thought.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
I agree it makes the nose look so much longer almost as bad as the 1993+ firebirds ever notice how bad the nose and tail goes past the wheels which should be in the corners of the car for better handeling

johnbot123

supra noob
Jun 22, 2007
queens, ny
not for nothing, but i kind of like the wide body kit. it only looks half bad, its got a "butta face" lol. but i shure does got a big ass, just the way i like um lol

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
...only thing going through my head is how much more of a PITA it will be to work on the motor with that much extra front end. Guess you would have to go in from the sides more often. I actually own a set of the flares this one is missing; they happen to be the best part of the kit.:biglaugh:

blackout_89t

King of the roll
Apr 25, 2005
Toronto
SuprAng;985867 said:
def. needs a more aggressive offset and different wheels.

The hinge flips your plate so you can get more air to the intercooler. Or at least that's what I always thought.

I believe the hinged plate mount is to get away from traffic cameras. Apparently in Japan they have the registration stickers on the front so speed radars use the front plate to get you. At speeds the wind causes the plate to tilt so the camera can't get a propper shot of the plate. At least that is what I was told by someone local who wanted one to be "jdm".

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Jake, you don't need another project....................loving your sig quotes...........:biglaugh:

cbutler

Jan 31, 2006
Regina, SK
ughh
I don't think there is a single thing about that kit that looks remotely o.k.
That's just me though, I like a pretty stock look.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
suprahero;986631 said:
Jake, you don't need another project....................loving your sig quotes...........:biglaugh:
Thanks... :D:D:D Oh, and that one probably runs, mine doesnt, lol...