fidanza flywheel

crosupra

Jun 28, 2006
Croatia
Hi...

question for you guys with fidanza flywheel:icon_bigg

i'm thinkina about buying fidanza flywheel for my N/A..

so please can you tell me what is the gain? does it worthed?

tnx

~Tom

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
dangit if i wouldnt have been so lazy i would have already had mine installed and could answer this better. But yes it will rev faster, will it feel faster probably not, but throttle response will increase. I base all this off of my lightweight driveshaft install :)

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
I had one installed by a shop here and when they put it on, just like the instructions say, it might require heating by a torch for the holes to line up, and it did, thats why I recommend anyone to have a shop do it if they don't have air tools and a torch.
As far as performance increase, it does rev faster and my idle up seems better when I use the A/C.
As far as power to the rear wheels, theoretically less rotating mass = more power to the rear which happens when you lighten up the driveline etc.
The horsepower from the engine will not change as the HP is measured at the crank and the flywheel is after that.
You will have a slight HP increase at the rear wheels by lopping off around 10 pounds of rotating mass but with out a Dyno to test my car on I can't really say how much.
I have noticed that when I put the flywheel on with a new stock clutch there is more chatter when starting, so I would recommend also to upgrade the clutch but don't know which one to pick.

SMP142

BOHICA
Jan 5, 2006
Tacoma, WA.
i did the flywheel at the same time as my alum. driveshaft. HUGE difference! i love it. mine is a turbo but either way its going to help.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i would say so. besides, if you do a turboswap and keep the w58 (N/A) transmission for a while, you'll still get to use the fidanza. :)

-shaeff