Falsely Accused DUI

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
He will beat it. You can have "probable cause" to test, but you have to have proof to charge with DUI.

The shitter is that they can keep you for 12 hrs in most states if they "suspect" you of being DUI.

Lawyer time SWAQ...

willfish

been here since 2003
Apr 23, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
if I had the oppertunity to sue the cops, they'd be done with,,, I hate asshole fucking cops... specially the rooky tuff guy cop. looking to make a name for themselves...

assholes,,

Will

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
did your friend have any thing in his system even just 1 beer or shot because if so he deserves the dui because its up to the officer if he had impaired driving. I'm a firm beleaver that if your blood alcy level is over .0000 you don't need to be driving

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
themadhatter said:
did your friend have any thing in his system even just 1 beer or shot because if so he deserves the dui because its up to the officer if he had impaired driving. I'm a firm beleaver that if your blood alcy level is over .0000 you don't need to be driving
Nope, he's never had alcohol. All 0's across the board for all tests. They also drug tested him which came back negative.

However he's the kind of person that doesn't always take things seriously and he may have been joking around a bit which made the officers suspicious. But that's how he always acts, he has a very outgoing (and sometimes loud) personality.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
In the video he says he's never drank or used drugs in his life. He seems like the very innocent and outgoing type. I could see why he might be joking around with the officer as he legitametly, had done nothing wrong. The cop was an idiot for taking him in and especially charging him after passing every test and blowing a 0.00.

AaronsSupraMKIII

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2007
Athens, AL
So you wouldn't drive after drinking a shot of Nyquil cough syrup? :sarcasm:
You can use mouthwash and get over a .0000....I agree noone should drink and drive, but lets not get crazy...you know how low a .01 is much less a .0001? :biglaugh:

themadhatter said:

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
You'd probably get above a .0001 by driving by a liquor store with your windows up. c'mon now.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. I talked with him again tonight and he said they charged him with the DUI before even testing him! He's planning on doing whatever is necessary to get it off his record, which will probably include suing.