Engine sounds need help

RaiderRC

Dec 11, 2005
Beaverton
My engine is messed up again. I threw a rob and sent in the block. It came back i put it together and now i have another problem. I think when i put it back together some of the oil dripped out. Now there is a "knida" knocking sound but only after it is warmed up. The sound is through 2000RPM till redline. The sound gets faster. Does this sound like a problem in the head?

1TuffSupra

Sho' Nuff
Jul 11, 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
no, sounds like rod knock dude. I have yet to hear about any one having problems with the head on a 7m, well except that one guy that bent a cam (he never posted pics though). When you threw a rod did it come out of the block? Did they replace the crank? Im sure whatever you did to throw a rod would mess the crank up pretty easily. It might be a case of rod knock that just isnt bad right now. My car had rod knock ever since I bought it. Initially I couldnt hear it because the fan clutch had locked up and the fan would spin equal with engine speed. Once it was fixed though I could hear it loud and clear. It seemed like a rattle at first, but after a short session of hard driving (less than 5 min) it went from a rattle to OH GOD I dont trust this thing to make it home. But a sure way to tell if it is da knock is to start taking plug wires out of the distributor one at a time and reving the motor up slightly. If the knock stops then whatever cylinder you disc from the dist is the culprit. If pulling them one at a time doesnt make the noise stop, then it is probably something else.