engine missing

turbotrev

Goin WEEEEE on my gsxr600
Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
ok my friend has a 89 n/a auto and he has just replaced a bhg and its missing bad ive checked all the injector plugs, coil packs, and all the connections
so what could it be.... could it be a fouled injector, bad plug(he got all new ones and wires too), or bhg again not even 600 miles on it yet???:1zhelp:

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
You'll have to treat it like a brand new problem, and start with spark at each cylinder, then move on to fuel at each cylinder, until you've found the cylinder(s) to blame.

Vacuum leaks can cause it. Do you know how to check all the hoses???
If they are hooked up to the wrong port, you may have a leak but not find it.

and how to use a propane bottle (camping size) to find vacuum leaks??

Last edited:

yankiwi

Aug 27, 2005
DFW
Did you look here?

missing.JPG

OH NOES...................It IS missing:aigo:

turbotrev

Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
<haha on> IJ <haha off> :biglaugh: and yankiwi yes you ass lol:biglaugh:

mrnickleye yes on the checking of the vac lines and no on the propane bottle
and thinks for the info on the restarting of the whole process to find it

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
turbotrev said:
<haha on> IJ <haha off> :biglaugh: and yankiwi yes you ass lol:biglaugh:

mrnickleye yes on the checking of the vac lines and no on the propane bottle
and thinks for the info on the restarting of the whole process to find it

easy there, killer, or IJ will smite your ass. just search around and [hint]look at his damn post count[/hint] you should be able to find the solution. if not, break it down piece by piece. itll be tedious, but that's all we'd be able to do, given the information you handed to us.

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
At the shop, we use one of those camping propane bottles, and a little valve that has a botton on it to squirt some gas, and a rubber hose. With the engine idling, we take the hose and squirt gas along the intake gaskets, and throttlebody, etc.

Don't hold the botton on too long, as too much gas can kill you. BOOM !

If there is a vacuum leak, the engine will smooth out when the propane gets sucked in. BINGO !!

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
is there any way to put seniority on here? on the angelowners forum, we used to have something in the top right corner of every post showing the member number. somethin like the order we'd signed up, i think.

my bad, trev. you gotten any farther with that engine?

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
Clip said:
is there any way to put seniority on here? on the angelowners forum, we used to have something in the top right corner of every post showing the member number. somethin like the order we'd signed up, i think.

my bad, trev. you gotten any farther with that engine?

Look to the left of every post, at who posted. see the join date. thats the seniority here.

turbotrev

Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
went through all of the stuff again and its still missing and sputtering like crazy

but o well i think hes goin to ether turbo it or build it but i dunno hes a little retarded school b**** anywho