Electric Fan Installion HELP!

JohnRardin

JDM 7MGTE
Apr 4, 2006
Radford, VA
I just got finished replacing the entire cooling system and I have a universal Hayden efan that I wanna install tonight. I have the adjustable relay and it looks somewhat straight-forward butI just want to know what the experts think.

Any recommendations on how to wire this up? Everyone talks up the $40+ relays but the $17 one is adjustable, shouldn't I just be able to set it and not worry about it.

I know everyone says to stay with the clutch fan but I want to use this. Bad idea?
________
Buy Cannabis Seeds

Last edited:

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
yes bad idea. it will cool better at idle depending on the e fan but thats about it. I would use something oem. And the wiring is CRITICAL. Think what your putting on the line here over a $20 difference. And anything that i would consider worthy of replacing the stock clutch fan is going to pull a current that the stock 80 amp alternator is going to hate.

On my old truck i used an oem dodge viper van. you can watch your shirt get pulled into the grill which is a good 2 feet in front of the radiator on low speed :D It was comparable to the mkVIII fans if not stronger... But was a $250 fan.

Dont cheap out on this, you will pay for it eventually

JohnRardin

JDM 7MGTE
Apr 4, 2006
Radford, VA
grimreaper;1320501 said:
yes bad idea. it will cool better at idle depending on the e fan but thats about it. I would use something oem. And the wiring is CRITICAL. Think what your putting on the line here over a $20 difference. And anything that i would consider worthy of replacing the stock clutch fan is going to pull a current that the stock 80 amp alternator is going to hate.

On my old truck i used an oem dodge viper van. you can watch your shirt get pulled into the grill which is a good 2 feet in front of the radiator on low speed :D It was comparable to the mkVIII fans if not stronger... But was a $250 fan.

Dont cheap out on this, you will pay for it eventually

Good advice. I went ahead and put the stock fan back on until I can get a more certain course of action. I already have the fan so its hard to not wanna use it
________
The Vision Condo

Last edited:

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
KISS?

id toss it on the front if you still have the ac system or on the right hand side of the radiator where the two small fans are at.