ECU removall!!! dang thing wont come out

turbotrev

Goin WEEEEE on my gsxr600
Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
ive gotten all the screws out and dropped the abs ecs the ECU wont come out its like its been jammed in there (probably by the stupid shop that i had install the SAFC2) plz help quick

thankz in advance

trev

ps. pics would help too

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
yeah it's not hard at all,

it's the one on the left..

ummm try unpluggin the harness if you got the 3 screws the ecu should be loose, then it's just a matter of pulling her off the little ledge she sits on.. quite simple..

turbotrev

Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
all 3 screws are out ive tryed to move it but it just wont bugde it does wiggle abit and thats all

here are some pics of it
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

IF ALL ELSE FAILS GET THE SAWZALL :evil2: !!!!!!!1!!

BoostedFloto

Aug 16, 2005
Tampa, FL
hahahahahaha dude WTF! whoever put that shit in there put it in WRONG...the plugs are supposed to face towards the passenger door...NOT the firewall...aint that a bitch...

im sure its just stuck now so give it a few good yanks

turbotrev

Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
WELL WHAT THE FUCK GOD DAMN COCKSUCKERS AT NU IMAGE AUTOSALON THEM BASTARD WORTHLESS FUCKS:icon_evil :3d_frown: :icon_evil :icon_evil :icon_evil

anywho should i try to twist and turn it toward the passanger side and it might pop out(the connectors goin toward the pass door)

BoostedFloto

Aug 16, 2005
Tampa, FL
you should be able to wiggle it DOWN...and then you can rotate it and put it back up or whatever you are doing...

but its pretty much just jammed up there now...it looks like they bent up the tabs too so that the abs ecu would fit and whatnot also...wow how dumb can you be... i wouldnt go back to that shop anytime soon lol.

the ecu is pretty stout...dont be afraid to yank on it downward really well. ;)

turbotrev

Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
thanks a lot man youve been a big help:love:

and ive be thinking of burning that shop to the ground for a while cuz everytime that i go to check on something that they did its all was half-assed and nigger rigged:icon_evil :icon_evil (srry for my use of words)

:icon_evil OH MY GOD IM GUNNA KILL THEM!!!!!:icon_evil

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I would work the wires lower first, then try to drop the back end down to get it out of the piece in the front. Once you get the back lowered some, you should be able to get the plugs out of it to ease movement. You don't want to screw up that bracket in the front, because it will screw up your glove box later. Let me know if you need new brackets, when you get ready to put it back in. I have several N/A ECU's I could rob. Pay shipping and the brackets are yours.

BTW..............You never said why you are taking it out

Last edited:

turbotrev

Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
ITS OUT FINALLY i had to bend some of the brackets to get it out!

the reason why i took it out was to run my UEGO wires through the gromet, but the ECU and some of the SAFC2 wires were stuffed in the way

so now im gunna re-route the safc2 wires and the uego wires

CryO: i drank a 6pack to calm myself down and if i played cs:s i would get even more pissed b/c of the tards that like to play on my clan server

thank you all for the help and not flaming me much about my rants

trev