Ebay parts

1992supraman

Dec 1, 2007
Corvallis, OR
Ive seen numerous threads about ebay parts that people hate but does anyone actually like their ebay parts? BOV, intercooler, intercooler piping, MBC, FPR, pistons, etc. You get the idea.

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
Yea i like BOV .... You have to pick which parts you cheap out on. Metal IC pipes, BOV and IC i can understand. But I would not cheap out on on fuel related stuff and pistons.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I like my Intercooler and pipes, didn't get them from ebay, but the exact same thing I have is sold on there ;)

Now my couplers are a different story, they are pretty damn nice for a 3-ply.

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
you can get some great deals. i bought a kit once that had great silicone couplers, T-bolt clamps and rolled edges on the pipes. and i only paid $100.

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
Some of there exhaust manifold are pretty decent. You have to reweld wastegate tube and put a couple of braces on them but besides that you are getting half way decent quality.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
I like my ebay exhaust manifold and my ebay intercooler. I got mine from x02racing?? I never really knew if my exhaust manifold would hit the oil filter housing because I relocated it in the same project. I will say this though, my friend has ordered an exhaust manifold from another ebay vendor, and it looked like the stereotype cheap ebay manifold. Poorly constructed, poor porting/cleaning job etc

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
By 'eBay parts' do you mean just the chinese stuff ?

Because I have bought several APEX-i, HKS & GReddy items off eBay.
I personally stay away from the no-name stuff out of china.
But there are great deals on the good stuff, if you take the time to find it.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
^I also try to buy my stuff from the powersellers to avoid replicas (If that actually makes a difference) but yeah, you can definitly find authentic stuff at ~wholesale prices

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
I got my intercooler piping and core off ebay, from just-intercoolers. the stuff is pretty nice, the bends are flattened a little bit (probably from using the wrong size of mandrel), but overall good stuff. That said, it's pretty hard to F up pipes.

I however, wouldn't trust structural or engine internals from ebay. IF they were to fail, its a lot of work to fix.......

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
<3 ebay parts, I have a manifold, DP, wg, bov, fmic and mbc waiting to go on. I need to get the 5 bolt to v-band adaptor and possibly a split t3 flange and I will be all set.

87soup

F*CK SMOG CHECKS!!!
Jan 23, 2006
Sacramento
I have had no problems with my walbro pump, and 3" down pipe y-pipe combo for my 1JZ!!!!!!
Great prices.... just watch out for some of the things!!!:3d_frown:

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
intercooler piping etc is one thing, I dont agree with the knock off BOVs though as a few others have stated, im just not willing to take the chance on stuff like that that can effect your motor or turbo life

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
your kit is missing the metal head gasket

I bought somethings from there
my koyo radiator for $100 less then most stores
some defi gauges innovative wideband new in box
computer hard drive new in box about $100 less

you can find good deals like things new in box for less then in stores

the things to be weary of is aftermarket body panels usualy dont line up break crack easy not made preoperly for our cars dont buy anything APC except maybe exhaust muffler.
dont buy the new turbos from china unless there is testimony to them like i used this one one for 50k miles and no problems yet only paid 300 for it most of the new turbos on there are junk dont buy any Venom injectors from there or venoms with diffrent names. only buy the flow tested and HKS or denso injectors from there.

gachax

Oct 16, 2007
Latvia
91supran/a;998951 said:
has anyone tryed one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-9...014QQitemZ330228180020QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
i got a turbo engine and i wanna use this to put NA internals in it. u think it will work?

I've got one of those. I didn't find the place for couple of gaskets, throttle body gasket was completely wrong made (maybe the gasket kit was for NA), but 3000km and no complains so far, except for the HG. I would suggest using the metal gasket and ARP studs.
Don't get why to put NA internals in a turbo engine... Pistons are different for sure...

91supran/a

Offical BAMF!
Dec 10, 2007
Sterling, Virginia, United States
its designed for the NA motor. i was gonna put a metal head gasket with arp mains rods and head studs. the reason i want to put NA internals because it takes a lot less boost to make the same horse power because the NA pistons are higher compresion. im shooting for 350-375 crank. but not go past 10 psi.

my bad guys i gave you the wrong link. its the same thing but its for non turbo motor.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/86-9...012QQitemZ220222166637QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V