Ebay BS or does this actually help?

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Depends on the person doing it and what type of ceramic coating they are applying. There are different grades that can be used. PM jdub for a quote on something that you want done, or are curious about ;).

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Even if it insulated the heat from the block transfering to the intake manifold, (which I doubt) the ambient temperature surrounding the intake manifold in the engine bay would compensate for it.

Snake oil.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Ckanderson said:
Im guessing no one has used one?

Or are you guys just voicing your opinion?

Of course noone here used it, its not JDM. If that guy brought over the JDM version he wouldnt keep them in stock!

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
Well in theory it works then. But our mani's wrap around and go over the motor. Not straight away like most hondas. So with the extra exposure to engine heat who knows.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Heat soak.

It may prolong some of it in the intake mani, but it will happen. Using that with a wrap/coating/blanket on the intake mani should help out even more.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Poodles said:
not snake oil, it does actually help (they've been doing the same for YEARS for carb'ed engines).

I still say snake oil.

Yeah, it might help a little, but these guys are saying an average of 10hp and 12ft lbs of torque. From a heat insulating gasket??? Puhleeeeeeze!

If someone out there has used one and says different, I'll listen, but it sounds way to good to be true. Just my two cents.

ps I couldn't give a shit about JDM.