Drove an EOS today

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
So I went out car shopping with my dad. First we stopped at the BMW dealership. My dad is a big BMW fan and has owned two BMW convertibles in the past. We wanted to test drive a 335i with the new retractable hardtop. Unfortunately they didn't have any in yet, but the salesman was really nice and said he'd call when they had one coming in.

Next stop was the Volvo dealership where they were sold out of C70 convertibles. Then we went next door where they had a few Volkswagen EOSs and took a silver EOS 2.0T for a spin. It was a fun little car and the retractable roof is quite slick. Certainly doesn't have the power of the Supra, but it's still fairly quick because it isn't very heavy. The handling was pretty good, but didn't have much feel to it.

The most surprising part was all the salespeople were really nice and not one pressured us to buy. :)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Here's a sneaky little trick for when you are preparing to buy a new car. Stop by a couple of the local parts stores and ask them what to avoid by finding out what cars keep ordering replacement parts.