Drip rail question

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
The drip rail is supposed to channel the water ABOVE the side of the roof forwards or backwards. Dylan is saying that the leak appears to come from water falling THROUGH the drip rail and into the plastic piece in the interior.

Placing sealant along the side/top of the rail is supposed to keep all the water on your roof, so it never enters bleow the surface of the top of the rail.

I tried to re-seal my targa, but I didn't get it to work. I don't think the sealant I used was the correct type. I used a generic home window non-adhesive silicone sealant.

I'm not even sure how to go about fixing it now. It appears as though my sealant is solid, but it still leaks. :dunno:

Its a little frustrating.

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
I cant agree with using a silicone sealant for this seal. I would suggest a butyl tape that is used for windsheild setting. This will be water proof and will also not harden. Will be doing my targa seals this weekend and will post pics and results when complete.

ValgeKotkas

Supramania Contributor
Apr 14, 2006
Over the pond
suprarx7nut said:
The drip rail is supposed to channel the water ABOVE the side of the roof forwards or backwards. Dylan is saying that the leak appears to come from water falling THROUGH the drip rail and into the plastic piece in the interior.

Placing sealant along the side/top of the rail is supposed to keep all the water on your roof, so it never enters bleow the surface of the top of the rail.

I tried to re-seal my targa, but I didn't get it to work. I don't think the sealant I used was the correct type. I used a generic home window non-adhesive silicone sealant.

I'm not even sure how to go about fixing it now. It appears as though my sealant is solid, but it still leaks. :dunno:

Its a little frustrating.

Same here:icon_bigg