Divorce downpipe gasket

mx83

jzx81
Apr 1, 2007
Toronto
So, i bought i divorce downpipe from ebay and the seller like a goof didn't pack it well so when my friend received it ,It was missing the bolts and gasket im not to worried about the o2 sensor gasket or the one that connects to the flange between the cat or test pipe, I was wondering if i can use the stock ct26 gasket for it.Is anyone running these style downpipe with stock gasket . My buddy whole boguht it from me did a paypal dispute so im impatience to wait another 2 weeks to get the gasket so i was wondering if i can use the stock one.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
All stock gaskets are supposed to be used.

You should check around on ebay for some capitalization and punctuation, too. :sarcasm:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
They come with special gaskets... but they don't work and you should use the stock gasket.

They also don't come with bolts (go buy the studs for the O2 sensor from the dealer, DON'T use bolts)

supradjza80

Mr. Formula SAE
Apr 24, 2007
Appleton, WI
www.uwracing.com
Poodles;1296147 said:
They come with special gaskets... but they don't work and you should use the stock gasket.

They also don't come with bolts (go buy the studs for the O2 sensor from the dealer, DON'T use bolts)

Why do you recommend studs over bolts here? Are you thinking that it will be very difficult to get the bolts out after some time?

Just wondering since when I did mine I just ran to the local hardware store for some bolts.

Apostle

Jun 3, 2007
Philly
supradjza80;1296346 said:
Why do you recommend studs over bolts here? Are you thinking that it will be very difficult to get the bolts out after some time?

Just wondering since when I did mine I just ran to the local hardware store for some bolts.

That's correct, after time the studs that are in the turbo can get so hot that they can get welded in with the female turbo threads, that's why it's a good idea to use nuts and studs over bolts, so it would be easier taking the nut off of the welded stud than trying to take out a welded bolt (notice that the studs never turn when you take the nuts off because they are welded in)...so you can imagine what it would be like if you used bolts. :aigo: ...I may be wrong but that's my theory, that's why toyota and others use studs and nuts around the exhaust header or turbo in our case.