Digitizing negatives

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
Wolfcamera will assrape me if i take them all these cut negatives, so what do you guys recommend? Any experience with film scanners or sending negatives off? I'd like high rez scans, at least 1600x1200 if its cheap enough, but preferably a good bit higher than that (3k range). in the short run, i'll prolly only be scanning a couple hundred negatives, but mom has a bunch, and grandma has a shitload i'd like to scan, and if i buy my own scanner i could do a small side business scanning/uploading prints for some friends.

Last edited:

SpeedNinja

nunchaku equipped
Jun 29, 2008
South Florida
www.myspace.com
You might be able to buy a scanner from a photo lab that's going out of business. A lot of places are shutting down. Film is dying... fast.
I'm not sure how much we charge where I work for film that's already developed. I think it's $10 per CD, and I doubt there'd be other charges. We do have a nice machine though. I'm not in sales or anything but you could call and arrange shipping if you can't find anywhere near you that it's worth doing at, and don't want to try it yourself.
www.chromatekimaging.com

I do know it is a pain to do, especially after they've been cut. It's a good idea to get them digitized though. Film won't last forever...

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
SpeedNinja;1069055 said:
I do know it is a pain to do, especially after they've been cut. It's a good idea to get them digitized though. Film won't last forever...

film will last longer than CD's :D (I mean the film itself; the use of film won't outlast CD's)

Anyways, I may have solved my problem. I start work at WolfCamera Monday. Apparently I get some serious discounts on development and in-store work.