cut off after hard run...

ojonesjr

Boost Hungry!!!!!
Aug 30, 2005
PA
I ran my Supra today and after a hard run...I get to the light and it will just drop rpms then cut off...It is very speratic. It does not happen all the tiem. Has anyone had this happen? What could it be?

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
ojonesjr said:
I ran my Supra today and after a hard run...I get to the light and it will just drop rpms then cut off...It is very speratic. It does not happen all the tiem. Has anyone had this happen? What could it be?

are you venting your bov to the atomosphere?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I've heard about this(venting your bov to the atmosphere) What does it mean and what other options do you have. my bov is not mounted on my intake pipe. The nipple on my accordian hose is blocked off and my bov is connected to one of the aluminum pipes by the 3000 pipe and a small vacuum line to another aluminum pipe. Someone please explain. My car has cut off a couple of times also when I pull into my driveway. It just quits.

7M-GTE

ROCK$T@R
Apr 2, 2005
KC
thesandymancan said:
my car does this too but it only happens when i'm low on fule. could this be because of it sloshing around and would a fuil cell help?

that could also mean clogged fuel filter...

ojonesjr

Boost Hungry!!!!!
Aug 30, 2005
PA
I have a HKS SSQV connected on the pipe the runs from the 3000 pipe. It's annoying. Get to the driveway or sometimes at the light and she just cuts off!

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
ojonesjr said:
I have a HKS SSQV connected on the pipe the runs from the 3000 pipe. It's annoying. Get to the driveway or sometimes at the light and she just cuts off!

Does it feed back into the accordian hose or does it vent to the open air? VTA means that the BOV releases the air into the atmosphere. If yours is set up that was, every time your BOV vents, you're releasin metered air causing your motor to run rich. If your BOV is VTA, there's a good chance that that is you problem.

huntin5L

Mar 31, 2005
Niles, IL
My car does this too, it does it when you come to a stop am i right? Also, sometimes in the morning ill start it and the rpms will got to like 1200 and it will just quickly decrease until it shuts off. Have no idea what it is either.

ojonesjr

Boost Hungry!!!!!
Aug 30, 2005
PA
rakkasan said:
Does it feed back into the accordian hose or does it vent to the open air? VTA means that the BOV releases the air into the atmosphere. If yours is set up that was, every time your BOV vents, you're releasin metered air causing your motor to run rich. If your BOV is VTA, there's a good chance that that is you problem.

It does not feed back into the accordian. How can I fix the cutoff issue?

bluefalcon1

Jun 14, 2005
Houston, tx
One thing to look at is the AFM. The electronics is one thing but the honeycomb vortex can be causing your problem. Look into the end of the AFM and inspect for damage. IF part of the honeycomb has been damaged then the vortex of air changes going into the AfM electronics. This can cause the car to stall at low rpm,s. The honeycomb must be perfect at all times. If not replace it now or it will cause you all kinds of unexplainded problems.