Coolant Sensors and Broken wires missing etc...

Bruno Molly

Apr 29, 2009
NC
Finally got the power plant back in after 2 years....1st ignition was a no go...ECU was lost because the Sensor was not connected to the ECU..Broken wire...yadda yadda.. Below is a Picture of a 7mge Thermostat housing, but I have a 7MGTE where I have question on the position of 2 broken wires we have.. one of the wires is Blue -yellow stripe, and the other wire is Mint green with a red stripe coming from the main harness across the Camshafts..I have 2 sensors where there are no wires connected and I don't remember where they go since the ends have broken off. This photo is NOT my car, but I have arrowed where if someone can tell me the correct wire colors:

p1726194_1.jpg

Thanks in Advance

-= BM =-

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
p1726205_1.jpg

And there is one on top for the csi time switch which you will need.

Lg-r is for the a/c temp sensor.

Bruno Molly

Apr 29, 2009
NC
hvyman;1726205 said:
p1726230_1.jpg

And there is one on top for the csi time switch which you will need.

Lg-r is for the a/c temp sensor.

Thanks for the Info bro!! Wow! Just what we needed!! Video coming soon..

-= BM =-

xnuclear23

Nov 6, 2010
California SoCal
gsxr141;1726327 said:
what problems will come from not having the radiator cooling fan switch hooked up?
+1 The wire going to that connector broke. It has been ran for a short period of time this way, though nothing seems off. Could it cause potential damage?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
It's there so say you live where it gets 100+ outside and your sitting in traffic and the car is getting a little hot the fans will kick on for extra airflow through the radiator.
Think they kick on past 200' so your already a bit hot when they kick on too.

Helped my car not over heat when the heater vsv hose cracked off and lost a lot of coolant.

With the 1jz it's gone tho.

Also it always kicked on if I used ac since the condensor has a lot of heat going through it it heats up the rad a bit more.

Good to have but not nesseccary.

Bruno Molly

Apr 29, 2009
NC
yeah..I really appreciate this thread.. My son and I Rebuilt his MKIII, and He took most of the wiring loose..the old Brittle wires...so broke off like dead tree twigs...others are still like new. So we're trying to sort out the one left..once again thanks for the iNfo...very Valuable..I've been all thru TSRM but had no clue...seems like they left some of these out!

-= BM =-

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I do wiring if you ever want to take the harness off and send it out to make it look like new again.