Coolant Leak

89turbosupra

Jun 10, 2006
oxnard
Well I think I found were my coolant went. Today when I was going to work from school I noticed a Puddle under the car. When I goe out of work I noticed another puddle under the car. It never overheated and I bought a new thermostat and rad cap. When I got hoe all of a sudden I here a hissing noise. I pop the hood and collant us gushing out. I cant see where its coming from but its on the driverside under the intake. I beleive it may be the the hose that goes to the ISC as I was messing with that a couple days ago. Does anyone know were that ataches to on the block? I cant see it but would like a general idea where to look as i cant see anything.any help is greatly appreciated.

Boostedstr8six

I have better SA than you
Mar 30, 2005
Near Columbia, the river
89turbosupra said:
Well I think I found were my coolant went. Today when I was going to work from school I noticed a Puddle under the car. When I goe out of work I noticed another puddle under the car. It never overheated and I bought a new thermostat and rad cap. When I got hoe all of a sudden I here a hissing noise. I pop the hood and collant us gushing out. I cant see where its coming from but its on the driverside under the intake. I beleive it may be the the hose that goes to the ISC as I was messing with that a couple days ago. Does anyone know were that ataches to on the block? I cant see it but would like a general idea where to look as i cant see anything.any help is greatly appreciated.

It's quite a PITA but you have to replace at least one of the hoses under the intake manifold. I would recommend pulling the upper intake manifold OR isolating and replacing the broken hose(s) from below and above. You can lay under the car to get a look and then work from above blind (a mechanics mirror could be useful). I had soooo much fun doing this and you will too! ;)