Contemplating Car Alarm

JXboost

LifeTakingbeast
Mar 9, 2007
N/A
Looking for Good Alarm Brand with a recent price tag for mkiii. Spill out your experiences and opinions guys and gals. Thanks!

Preferred Options
- autostart
- auto lock/unlock.

grimreefer

Aug 13, 2011
209 CA
I have killswitches and shaved doors :D

Alarms can be beat man.. Killswitches are cheape and alot more likely to have your car there in the morning. I have one to my fuel pump I use all the time and one hidden DEEP thats for the ecu, but i only use that when im leaving the supra for a while. And the shaved doors do ALOT for security, along with (imo) look pretty sexy.. and you gotta realize that most theives dont want to attract the amount of attention involved with breaking your windows..

The ravelcos are a good investment if you have the skills to install it, theyre like $100 on ebay.. But I use these little Hella killswitches: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLA-002843011/ theyre awesome, because they have a removeable key, and the plastic base is discreet and relatively small..

and just a tip if you have a manual, wire it to your killswitch, wiring it to your ignition, people can still push start that bitch ;)

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
All of the above are good options but still won't have the remote start, keyless entry if you daily drive the car. Those are good to keep the car from getting stolen if you're away or retrieve the car if they do somehow steal the car. I like the Viper and Auto Page Alarm systems. I love the Viper 5900 series. I installed mine myself. I googled it under shopping and bought it for under $200 shipped when they sell them at Bestbuy and Circuit city (when they were opened) for $400-500 for basic installation! I installed mine in a few hours. A lot of wires but it comes with good manuals and installation support online. The 5901 has the remote start and turbo timer built in so you kill two birds with one stone and save money which is what we all love! It has ignition kills, shock sensors, hood/hatch sensors. They also sell extra sensors separately(motion sensor, tilt sensor, back up battery if they somehow do open your hood and unhook the battery to try killing the alarm from blaring!) I was thinking of getting the smart start and installing because it uses gps on the app if you forget where you parked your car so if someone did steal your car somehow you could easily track it with your phone. but don't like it now because i'm not comfortable on how it works. Anyone couldprobably hack into the satellite and unlock your car with their phone.

grimreefer

Aug 13, 2011
209 CA
Yeah the vipers are really nice,and yea the GPS ive been lookin into those ever since we put one in my friends k20 prelude. His is a cheapy GPS tracker, but we can track from his PC down to a 10 foot radius and his trackers company is making an android app. Its pretty F'in cool.

jdemara

Apr 28, 2008
North Delta
New alarm out I just saw. Compustar Drone. Go look it up! Can control it with your iphone etc... and lock/unlock it from anywhere in the world as long as its within cellphone reception, see the status if the hood is open or any doors are open... Also tracks the car.
Tons of cool features!

grimreefer

Aug 13, 2011
209 CA
But would you really want someone to have that capability with your phone if you ever lost it? not to mention theres hacks for every car security electronic on the market.. I dont know Im sure in most cases youd be fine, but theres always that chance someone will figure out a glitch, or way to hack the system.. Im not sayin its not a cool feature, but I wouldnt do it just in case