compressor surge

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
I will add that it can be caused from a BOV or BPV that is to small or not working properly. Not venting the boost fast enough where the excess air is forced back out the intake.

mkiii88supra

Jan 15, 2006
PA
but it seems like my turbo is surging when i turn up the boost to like 15 or so lbs and i have an HKS SSQV. is it surging or something else?

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
A few people here run two BOV's or BPV's to prevent surge as one SSQV may not be enough to vent fast enough at 15 psi... :dunno:

Stock turbo??

Boss302

May 2, 2006
Mobile, Al
so can you judge how big your blow off should be? i know that thats a duh kind of ? but if you have to run two to relieve pressure properly then time for a bigger valve ay?

oh yeah that sounds really awsome but nasty

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
For me: I had surge on the stock BPV, Then I upgraded to a HKS SSQV which removed the surge,

Then I upgraded the turbo and my surge is back at low boost, So.. I am going to upgrade to a second BOV just incase..:)

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
tial 50mm should do the trick ;)

i didn't even know i was getting compressor surge :-/

anyone know if the bosch bpv upgrade will fix this issue, because i was waiting for the ffim, fmic, and hardpipes to get a new bov

The Reaper

Single, and lovin' it!!
Jan 10, 2006
Florida
right now i have a bosch porsche BOV and it surges like crazy at 5 inches of vac. and then we tried the BETTER bosch porsche BOV and it does the samething. my thread is above this one now. read it if you like. im trying to figure WTF is wrong