Clutch questions, R154

reincaster

Dec 25, 2009
Guam
So I pulled off the trans, and guess what I find? Broken bearing hub caused the snap ring to come off, and in turn , the hub itself was no longer attached to the pressure plate. What I found inside seems to be an ACT clutch and flywheel setup. i pulled a spare bearing hub and snap ring with washers off a spare PP I had and put it on.

Previously, I had a problem with the fork being pushed out so far that it would touch the pressure plate, grinding a nice groove in the fork, and grinding off the paint from the pp. Now that i have put the hub back on and put the PP and slutch on, I notice a few things which I'm not sure if they're bad or not.

First thing is that I can push the fork forward enough that it will pull the plate back, and the fork will come into contact with the pressure plate. will this still happen when I bolt the plate back onto the flywheel?

Second is that when the clutch is sitting on the PP, it hits the edges of the pressure plate, and stops from spinning. Here's a few pics of what I mean:

p1522351_1.jpg

p1522351_2.jpg

Are the 6 pucks supposed to be like that? Different lengths? They alternate like that btw, IE: short, long, short, long, etc.

Last edited:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If you trying to spin the clutch like how it is in the pic that is not how it is when bolted up. Notice how the bottom of the pp is sitting on the bell housing. If you hold it up a little bit it should not touch.

You can move the pp with the trans off farther than it actually goes when bolted up.

Do you have the little hook on the trans that's behind the pp to hold the fork in place?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Make sure the hub assembly is assembled EXACTLY as shown in the TSRM. If it's not, it WILL fail (as you've found out).

He already answered the rest.

reincaster

Dec 25, 2009
Guam
awesome, exactly what I wanted to know. Haven't run into a clutch like this before, and i haven't done many clutch jobs either, so this is fairly new to me. once tthe PP is bolted on, it should be aligned nnicely, and no interference with the clutch.

How far should the slave push the fork?

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
reincaster;1522823 said:
How far should the slave push the fork?

The slave should push the fork all the way to it's mouth or the slave will go hungry...... I'm sorry I couldn't help that one. I know it was off topic but......someone had to.