Clutch 6puck on ebay

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
It depends on how much power you are making. That clutch actually doesn't look that bad. I would go for the carbon clutch that they have. I'm now looking for a new clutch disk. But give them a call and ask about warranty and see how are the pressure plates are reworked to hold more power. If you are making close to 400rwhp you should be fine with this. But look at the thread at the top about XTD Clutches that BigAaron posted and read it good and through. Driftmotion is a sponsor and vendor here and they will make sure you get a quality product. I'm going to probably order a 6puck disk from them next week.

NeedsAPorsche

Muscle Milk
May 23, 2008
Austin, TX
www.myspace.com
you know...i don't understand why they paint the pressure plate...haha, you'll never see the thing aside from when the tranny comes out of the car, but moving parts from eBay are never good...a friend of mine took that risk with a turbo, and ended up with the compressor blade just loosing chunks of the turbine for no reason...so, i don't know if i'd want a clutch kit tearing apart while i'm driving...

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
I don't know, I have the XTD in my n/a, and other than the annoying squall when first engaging the clutch, it's held up well. That clutch looks better built, but it would be nice to have some input from someone who can test it.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
looks like a repainted XTD to me. Looks cheap, probably acts cheap. As mentioned it depends on your power goals/needs. I wouldnt use that clutch in anything more than stock or minor upgrade situations.

I really HATE doing clutches, and refuse to do them twice.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
ummmm... if that's REALLY the product it won't work at all.

It's a push type for the N/A's with the W58, will not work with the R154.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
not to mention its for a 7M and his profile says 1J, but maybe the OP was looking at it for something else?

johnbot123

supra noob
Jun 22, 2007
queens, ny
i found that ebay tends to be "cheaper" quality.....not everything, but most things. you can find a clutch kit right here from one of our vendors. i bought my rps 6puck from suprasport. im very happy with the clutch. plus when you buy from one of our vendors you have better access to them unlike ebay where they could just dissapear for months.

mobes

Supras are never 'done'
Apr 5, 2005
Bozeman, MT
theWeezL;1040014 said:
not to mention its for a 7M and his profile says 1J, but maybe the OP was looking at it for something else?

7M-GTE and 1JZ-GTE use the same clutch.

I'd stay away from this one. Pressure plate looks stock (no reinforcements on the fingers), plus as Poodles mentioned, it's the wrong pressure plate in the photo. Think of it this way. You can spend the extra money and do it right the first time. Or, you can do it twice, spend the money on a clutch that you hate, then have to replace it again (not an easy job anyway), throw away the $250 that one cost you, PLUS the cost of the one you're replacing it with. I guess the question is, do you like to gamble?