Clear indicators. Yay or nay?

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
Installed these on my Supra. Didn't think they'd look as good as stock but it seems to brighten the car up. What do you guys think?

2mzmaft.jpg

11h89bt.jpg

2wqbwas.jpg

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Main issue I have with them is the border isn't black like stock, so they look too bright and clash with most of the moldings (white is the only one that really matches).

Not hard to fix though :)

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
shipkiller;1770771 said:
where do you find those clears and how much do they cost.
this thread made me very interested

they are all over ebay. I got mine shipped from the US for $50 all up, since you are in Canada it will probably be cheaper.

Just search "mk3 supra clear"

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/89-92-Su...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a151118be

In retrospect I wish I had bought the entire kit( clear repeater , indicators + crystal fog lights) for approx. $80 with postage. Didn't know the lights would look this good.

Last edited:

mk1spyder

Banned
Sep 11, 2005
Western NC
They really only look good on silver or white. I put some on my pearl white supra and they looked great compared to the amber. Don't look that good on red though IMO.

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
aloshan;1770783 said:
they are all over ebay. I got mine shipped from the US for $50 all up, since you are in Canada it will probably be cheaper.

Just search "mk3 supra clear"

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/89-92-Su...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a151118be

In retrospect I wish I had bought the entire kit( clear repeater , indicators + crystal fog lights) for approx. $80 with postage. Didn't know the lights would look this good.
Thank you!
this is the last thing I needed to do with my money but it look so well on the mk3.

Noefearsupra

Oct 12, 2011
Ohio
Definately a yes. I cant wait to order a pair of clear ones! If I get them soon enough ill be selling my stock ones if anyone wants!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
They definitely look good on a light colored car. Could probably recoup your cost by selling those stock ones. Not too common from what I gather, the split-colored pre-89 turn signals...

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
for darker colored cars... you get the smoked ones :D which I have. (and the smoked ones work on light colored cars too)

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
D.J.T.;1771074 said:
Yea if you ever decide to sell your stock ones. Let me be the first to know! I asked first after all. :naughty:

unfortunately the screw was rusted on the left hand side one so I had to chip away at it and crack it to get the screw out. I do have the right hand side one for sale though im not sure what use it would be to someone who needs both?

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
sorry to thread jack again, but I have my stockers for sale (see thread in my sig)... I won't be able to ship until after wednesday though.. no car yet. :(