Chrome Plating can get expensive amongst other things

HIDPLANET

89 1JZGTE
Just dropped off the chorme range pieces off my vintage stove and its going to cost $400 for 3 pieces. That is for cleaning, stripping, plating and polishing so I guess its not so bad. Im restoring my vintage Okeffee and Merritt and the top should look like this when I get the parts back.

6076050014.jpg

6076050013.jpg

6076050004.jpg

I really got into this stove (which is my only stove and it works fine) and since these things go for 7k to 20k fully restored, I look at it as an investment.

Heres a pic of my exact stove: (not mine, but same yr and model w/ the window
now605okeefemerritt003.jpg

HIDPLANET

89 1JZGTE
yea yea I know.....I think its something that you might only get into when you own a home. I would have never thought of being interested in something like this before I bought this house 5 years ago but its going to be a proud moment when I get finished with it. Its like the the goobers at work when they all start talking about lawn care or remodeling. I like doing those things too, but I dont bring up any of it at work......I just bore all of you with it lol.

Yeah I didn't realize how much I loved cooking until I moved into my college apt. Now I'm envious of stuff like that... Can't wait to get a house and a balla unit like that. Its like SM and food channel... :( Get the machined top or you'll regret it when those grills aren't at the proper specs. :)

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
annoyingrob said:
Isn't that car actually a chrome paint?

i dont know but ive seen it in a couple of Max Power mags i had from a couple of years ago..... sure does look heavy though... o_O