car wont stay started!!

88TARGATOP

2jz Here I Come
Nov 21, 2005
HALLANDALE, FL
:1zhelp:
sup everyone,
and thanx for advice in advance....
for some reason my car wont stay started..i just droped an jdm 7mge.....and well it wont stay started... i have narrowed it down to the fact that the injector wont shoot out the fuel....it takes it in from the rail...but doesnt shoot out to the motor!!!!! what could be the problem..!!!! tried 2 sets of injectors.. same problem.... :icon_conf

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
Always start with the engine codes if you havn't already. If you it doesn't throw any codes the o-rings on the intake side of the injector could possibly be crack and worn causing a vaccum leak.

How did you check the injectors to determine that they are the cause? Just wondering. I use a long screw driver and listen to the vibration threw the screw driver.

YoNkErS87t

streetside mechanic
Mar 31, 2005
In the Garage
Did you check the codes???

Can you hear any of the injectors opening/closing?
Where did you get the second set of injectors from?
Just lying around the garage?

I had the same problem with my car. Drove me crazy for 2 months. Swapped another set of injectors in i had lying around the garage and the car acting the same way. Bought a new set and havn't had problems since.

make sure timing is set or in a situation like this as close to possible.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3392

Here is my thread so you could see everything i checked and double checked and tripled checked. I know you have N/a, but maybe it could give you some ideas on what to check. I don't know your mechanical background, but make sure you hooked up everything right.

keep posting i'll try and help as much as possible.

Last edited:

88TARGATOP

2jz Here I Come
Nov 21, 2005
HALLANDALE, FL
well there is power going to the injectors, we set up a light tester. and the light would go on and everything....but when i plugged it in.....no spraying action....i bought a set of 440cc off a friend online....and nutin....put the stock ones on... nutin,,.

88TARGATOP

2jz Here I Come
Nov 21, 2005
HALLANDALE, FL
how would i check the fuel pump, filter, fuel lines.....as i stated before there was fuel shooting out the pressure line which is bolted down on the intake mani.

redsupra_Dragstar

redsupra_dragstar
Jan 26, 2006
Tulsa
check your cam sensor wiring. my supra did the same thing. sometimes the wires on top of the valve cover are the problem. try moving them around or replace them if you want. my supra starts after i wiggle them a little.

88TARGATOP

2jz Here I Come
Nov 21, 2005
HALLANDALE, FL
wiggled and wiggled but engine still just (tried to find a word that rhymes but nuttin came up) wont stay on... ima try and ohm tester on the injector clips and wish me luck 13.8 ohm on na, 7mge!!11