Car dies!!!

turbowill3218

Jan 10, 2007
Hill AFB, UT
I've had my car for about a month now. It didn't start when I got it. Its a 1987 Turbo supra. I got it to start but then it was leaking fuel. Replaced the injectors and thats fixed. Now my problem is that to get it started I have to pump the gas and when it starts I have to keep it started. Then when it gets to a certain point it stays on but idles from 1 to 3rpms by itself back and fourth. I replaced the iac thinking that might be it but didn't fix my problem. I was going to replace the tps but the damn thing stripped on a screw so I have to get it off. I'm also open downpipe right now. If you need any more info let me know, I'm frequently check the forums cause I'm always bored. I just wanna drive it finally PLEASE HEEEEEEEELLLPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aigo:

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Since you've only had the car a short time a careful and complete study of the car's service manual will alleviate both the car's problems and your boredom. It'll also keep the more knowledgeable here from having to spoon feed you in the future. All in all a win/win situation.

turbowill3218

Jan 10, 2007
Hill AFB, UT
Well I've actually had it for about two months. I've been reading all the stuff on this forum and supraforums. So I'm not an idiot. I did a pressure check and fixed the leaks and same thing happens.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
You replaced the ISC? Then you were going to replace the TPS? Did you actually test them or are you just haphazardly replacing suspect parts?

If you haven't already, start here for the testing procedures.

Mrbaboon

Jul 13, 2006
Victoria, BC
turbowill3218 said:
Well I've actually had it for about two months. I've been reading all the stuff on this forum and supraforums. So I'm not an idiot. I did a pressure check and fixed the leaks and same thing happens.

These forums & supraforums != (does not equal for you non nerds) reading the TSRM. Do it now.

I thought otherwise until I read, trust me.

turbowill3218

Jan 10, 2007
Hill AFB, UT
Mrbaboon said:
These forums & supraforums != (does not equal for you non nerds) reading the TSRM. Do it now.

I thought otherwise until I read, trust me.

I've flipped through the pages before but I'll actually take a look at it.