Cant rev past 4K on idle and cant rev past 3k on load!!

shlounek

Jan 30, 2007
Michigan
As the title describes 1JZ Soarer is not revving past 4K on neutral and reaches around 2800 - 3K before it starts to cut and will not let me rev past that, similar to a rev limitter oh yeah and no CEL codes

things i already checked:
-timing
-gaps on plugs
-igniter
-coilpacks
-compression on each cylinder
-checked cat
-changed plugs on coil packs
-checked map
-d/c safc II

I was searching something about the TPS, but I checked that also and ran 12v to the IDL wire near the TPS and no change

shlounek

Jan 30, 2007
Michigan
is there a hack i can do to test if my O2 sensor is bad. it showing proper voltages to my A/F meter.

i already switched with another ECU I purchased, maybee the one I purchased was bad also.

gonzy tunning

Dec 6, 2006
new jersey
hey bro im going trough the same shit i copied this maybe it will help u good luck.
I just fixed 4 ecu's this week alone, with caps leaking on the pc board, and since the electrolyte is acidic, it ate through the traces on some of the boards causing major problems. I am going to start offering a repair service for them, it's really becomming a big problem for a lot of people. It does seem to be random, the car runs fine, then just starts running like crap one day. One I repaired just would not start. One would run super rich and bog down. On one, the idle was surging from 700 to about 2k, even with the ISC disconnected! On Jay's car when we first started it and the dp was not tightened yet, it was running so rich that gas was literally pouring out of the turbo!!! On Charles' 1jz it smoked badly with thick whitish smoke. If you have not replaced the caps on your ecu, do it now, they are ALL going to fail at some point.

It will be $65 including the return shipping UPS ground. For expedited 2-3 day USPS Priority return shipping it will be $70.

If the car doesn't run at all it's possible that the problem is more then just capacitors, so I can't guarantee the replacing the capicitors will fix the problem. It is also possible to have a bad wiring harness or some other issue that makes the car run poorly, but replacing the capacitors is a good idea either way.

Please include all your contact and return shipping information on a piece of paper inside the box!

shlounek

Jan 30, 2007
Michigan
well regardless if it fixes it or not I would like to get my ECU checked out,

mine is 1JZ soarer ECU, does this guy have a 1JZ soarer to test it on to see if it actually the ECU, or will he just start replacing caps on the ECU and bill me $70

PM me his info so I can send him my ECU, its a step so in the mean time I will get the wiring harness checked out. by checking resitivity on each wire.

supra1008

May 2, 2007
Philadelphia
Where in Jersey are you? PM me with your information so I can get mine fixed too.

gonzy tunning said:
hey bro im going trough the same shit i copied this maybe it will help u good luck.
I just fixed 4 ecu's this week alone, with caps leaking on the pc board, and since the electrolyte is acidic, it ate through the traces on some of the boards causing major problems. I am going to start offering a repair service for them, it's really becomming a big problem for a lot of people. It does seem to be random, the car runs fine, then just starts running like crap one day. One I repaired just would not start. One would run super rich and bog down. On one, the idle was surging from 700 to about 2k, even with the ISC disconnected! On Jay's car when we first started it and the dp was not tightened yet, it was running so rich that gas was literally pouring out of the turbo!!! On Charles' 1jz it smoked badly with thick whitish smoke. If you have not replaced the caps on your ecu, do it now, they are ALL going to fail at some point.

It will be $65 including the return shipping UPS ground. For expedited 2-3 day USPS Priority return shipping it will be $70.

If the car doesn't run at all it's possible that the problem is more then just capacitors, so I can't guarantee the replacing the capicitors will fix the problem. It is also possible to have a bad wiring harness or some other issue that makes the car run poorly, but replacing the capacitors is a good idea either way.

Please include all your contact and return shipping information on a piece of paper inside the box!