Can't find a boost leak?

the1andonly0032

Jan 18, 2006
Iowa
When I hit the gas hard it'll spool and then almost throw your head forward in a bog then hit the gas again and the CEL illuminates...you get code 34 and I say boost leak but I can't find the damn thing....I've tested every pipe underwater for leaks and theyre all good and secured now too but no leak...is it true if you spray wd-40 over the line and it goes through a leak it'll rev up or something? I don't know if I'd really even trust that....Where oh Where could this leak be?! It's got all the symptoms btw....runs rich poor idle

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
it could be a coupler that is split.

i would also check the grommets in the head where the injectors are fitted. if one of those are loose/deformed you can leak boost.

you never said at what boost level you hit fco either.

the1andonly0032

Jan 18, 2006
Iowa
I'm still on the stock boost gauge so I don't know for sure but this bogging usually happens around 8 but considering that's just pegged on the stock gauge it might be more not to mention it could be inaccurate...

the1andonly0032

Jan 18, 2006
Iowa
Found it it's the rubber piece between the 3000 pipe and the throttle body next question where do you find a replacement for that? It's just a 2.5" hose but no auto parts stores have it....would a simple plumbing piece do the job or is there a place online for a replacement piece?