can't controll boost

7mgt45r

7mgt45r
Sep 23, 2007
ATLANTA, GEORGIA
i have a hks race wastegate 50mm with a 11psi spring trying to controll it with a greddy profec b boost controller. The problem i have is when i turn the boost controller on can't boost no more than 7psi, but when off it would go to 15psi on a 11psi spring. i have vac line frm turbo to in on boost selniod and the top nipple on wastegate to out port on selniod. I have side nipple on wastegate going to intake manifold. i needed help been trying all weekend to get it to wrk properly and also have the dip switches on bck of controller set for external. pls could someone send me a diagram on how they got a profec b in stalled on their 7m.

MA70Snowman

Oct 17, 2006
San Diego
you've got the exact same setup I do. and I'm pretty sure you have it plumbed wrong. if you got your information from somewhere else I'm curious to see it.

This is how I have it hooked up according to the Profec B Spec 2 Manual from greddy. make sure to leave the 3rd port OPEN and not capped.

::EDIT::
Btw you mention setting the "dip switches" for external controller, the only dip switch I know that functions is the #4 when using the switch controller. where did you find the info for that?

Attachments

• Wastegate hook up.JPG
    Wastegate hook up.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited: