can some one help me with this info??

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
alright guys. i think that we all know about the site 1jz-gte.us. my question you all is if the information regarding wiring a 1j into a MA70 is correct. i made a post about this a couple months ago and got not answer. i searched as well and came up with nothing. i will continue to search until i can find someone who has successfully used this info to wire up a 1j in ther supra. i just wanna know how many of you guys have used it and how accurate is it. because if it is accurate info then half my problems are solved. so once again, can anyone vouch for the wiring info on that site that it is correct for wiring a 1j into a 89 turbo supra?
sorry if i come across slightly annoyed but i've been trying to find this out for quite some time now and i've gotten no where. help me out if u can guys

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
from what people have told me when i was in your situation, they say its accurate and use but i couldn't cuz my 1jz came out of a soarer

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I think I remember you posting something before. Do you have a jza70 (supra) 1jz or jzz30 (soarer) 1jz? If it is the soarer, the wiring how to I posted works.

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
well im about to purchase a supra 1j swap i havent purchased it as yet though just wanna make sure i can do this swap b4 i put my funds in it. although i have heard from alot of people that ur wiring works and i have it on standby just in case i end up with a soarer 1j

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
For JZA70 supra it is pretty accurate. Dr Tweak (Phoenixtuning.com) who did my swap said it was pretty close. Well, my car never had wiring problem from day 1 so it MUST be.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
#1StunnaVic said:
well im about to purchase a supra 1j swap i havent purchased it as yet though just wanna make sure i can do this swap b4 i put my funds in it. although i have heard from alot of people that ur wiring works and i have it on standby just in case i end up with a soarer 1j

Ok. I used the 1jz-gte.us site and it was very useful. Almost everything was correct. It's just the difference in years depends on the colors. But, very few of the colors are different on the 7M plugs but in the same spot on the plug if you know what I mean. I say go drop the cash on the clip (I say clip because it is the best option, driftmotion.com) and get it done. There are plenty of threads on here and people willing to help get it running. Good luck.

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
AF1JZ said:
Ok. I used the 1jz-gte.us site and it was very useful. Almost everything was correct. It's just the difference in years depends on the colors. But, very few of the colors are different on the 7M plugs but in the same spot on the plug if you know what I mean. I say go drop the cash on the clip (I say clip because it is the best option, driftmotion.com) and get it done. There are plenty of threads on here and people willing to help get it running. Good luck.

thanks for the info i appriciate it. i would like to get a clip but if i buy one from driftmotion after shippin and all that it ends up to be 3300 dollars for me which is way too much. i found a very complete swap which includes all sensors including the ignitor for 2100 shipped. i rather buy the motor and tranny and spend the money on upgraded parts that most people plan on doing anyway like a good front mount and hardpipes. not sure yet if im gonna do a mechanical style fan or electric fan. and i don't mind doing the wiring on my own as long as my info is correct. im in no rush to complete the swap i just wanna take my sweet time and get it done right. there is no question in my mind that the front clip would be easier and faster. but im a college student and dont have the funds to do that. plus belive it or not i actually like messing around with wiring. it beats the hell outta bloody knuckles and grease under ur fingernails. LOL

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
tissimo said:
1jz-gte.us info worked awesome on 3 cars i've done..

exactly what i was looking to hear. well guys i did it. i ordered my 1j swap today so hopefully ill be having me build thread soon. just to make sure mid sump and rear sump are the same right??? and i dont need to extend the harness just route it through the speedo cable hole and it should reach the stock location correct?

odomd

computer illiterate
Jan 11, 2006
nj
Go to any toyota dealer and spend $26 for the EWD manual for the year of supra you are going to swap in the 1j. It will cover every bit of wiring your car has. It will make your swap go alot smoother.