Can 1JZGTE auto ECU run on 5spd 1JZ GTE?

desmd99

Jun 27, 2007
selangor
hi guys, I am new to 1JZ. Just bought a 1JZ 4x4 recently. according to owner, the engine has rough idle and got lots of white smoke. I didn;t bother, simply make an offer and finally I tow the car back.

Here is what I came out with.
I jumped start the motor, crank for awhile and it did fire up. lots of white smoke, rough idle, when the gas pedal let off, the motor wont idle. I checked vacuum leak, everything was fine. Sensors working as it supposed to be. one thing I aware is, when i switch on my key(without firing up the motor), I could hear shhhssssshhhhhhhsshhhhhhh noise underneath the throttle.
Next, I check spark plugs, found out that #1 spark plug was wet but not carbon build up, is this a sign of overflow?

I did a search at this forum, good thing the post has video, i download the video and comparing to my situation, sounds exactly the same. According to opinions, the ECU has problem.

ANyway, I tried to describe what I found. Hope forumers here can give me advise. Thank you for your help!!

armyastro

full body shave t04 mk3
Sep 16, 2005
radcliff ky
desmd99 said:
hi guys, I am new to 1JZ. Just bought a 1JZ 4x4 recently. according to owner, the engine has rough idle and got lots of white smoke. I didn;t bother, simply make an offer and finally I tow the car back.

Here is what I came out with.
I jumped start the motor, crank for awhile and it did fire up. lots of white smoke, rough idle, when the gas pedal let off, the motor wont idle. I checked vacuum leak, everything was fine. Sensors working as it supposed to be. one thing I aware is, when i switch on my key(without firing up the motor), I could hear shhhssssshhhhhhhsshhhhhhh noise underneath the throttle.
Next, I check spark plugs, found out that #1 spark plug was wet but not carbon build up, is this a sign of overflow?

I did a search at this forum, good thing the post has video, i download the video and comparing to my situation, sounds exactly the same. According to opinions, the ECU has problem.

ANyway, I tried to describe what I found. Hope forumers here can give me advise. Thank you for your help!!

yes it will run without a problem also check your idle air control valve...

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
IDK what the issue is, but won't the auto ECU mess up on the 5 speed version. I know on 7M's at least it won't work properly. 1JZ prolly different than the 7M but this thread sparked my curiousity.

desmd99

Jun 27, 2007
selangor
thannk you guys!! HEre is new things that I found out today. I take out all spark plugs, as I switch on the key without cranking the motor, i can see the gas keep shooting into cylinders #1, #2 and #5. are the injectors supposed to work like that?
ANyone care to explain? Thanks again!!

c_ronius

1jz 4Runner
Jan 2, 2007
Tampa, FL
www.rsworld.com
I use an auto ecu for my manual swap, no problem. I think the injector drivers are in the ecu, and are prone to failure.

Got any pics of the truck, I have a 4wd 1j 4runner and have yet to see another 4wd 1j.

IETV8S

1.5JZ WOOT WOOT!
Mar 24, 2007
calgary
you can use the auto ecu for a while, i know a guy who is running one on his 1jz implant, you will notice that it wont really pick up until you hit WOT cause then the computer will add fuel!