Calling all 1JZers with Tec3 on there motor.

GrandLordKhorne

Evil Turbo Penguin...
Jan 3, 2006
South MA, almost RI
Ok, I have put a couple of tec3’s on 1JZ’s at this point, each set up a little different based on the cars and there owners. Now I’m putting in my own for my 1JZ and I need some help (it's set up a little dif than the others).

First of all, this variant will be full sequential and I’m thinking about using the stock cam sensor to do it, has any one tried it and if so how did you wire it and how did it work out??

Second, even though I have been doing the installs, most of my friends are doing there own final tunes, the result has been 3 cars with 3 different programs on 3 relatively similar motors that all run grate. If you are willing to share, please post all of your engine related mods and PM me about sharing tuning files (on less you can post them in some manner or host for downloading in a link), basically so I can compare notes and see how different mods or stock motors affect the tune. Heck if you do not have Tec3 but another EMS, if you can post some of the tables and settings to compare, that would be interesting.

Is anyone running progressive power steering with there Tec3 and how are you doing so?? I’m thinking about bypassing the progressive portion of the power steering but I’m not really sure about it yet… I will probably not be running a stock speedo so I’m wondering how bad it would be to use the progressive with like a GPO…

Is anyone running a stock knock sensor, how is it working out?? What are you guys doing for knock sensors if your not running stock??

Is anyone using any of the 2JZ gear for any specific resin?? I have heard some rumors about some of the 2JZ stuff working better with Tec3 than 1JZ stuff. I use a 2JZ crank trigger kit anyways I’m wondering if there is anything ells off the 2J worth using…