California state referee questions

jdmahmed

Jan 8, 2006
Cali
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:50 pm Post subject: State referee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone here have the pleasure of having to go see the state ref? I got a modified exhaust and modified emission ticket from the city of Newport Beach, in California. I was driving through the parking area at the pier, going 2 mph at most, and a motorcycle cop WALKED over to my car and motioned for me to park. Took pictures of my engine bay and everything. Long story short, I got ticket and a chance to see the ref.

I have all the stock crap to put back in. I was wondering if I had to retake a smog test. Is there VIN number verification with the block? I have a different gte block in the car. Thanks.

PS. Just for laughs, the cop looked at my intake, looked at my IC hardpipe, and asked me why the hell I had two intakes

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
I've worked at a state ref. modified exhaust is a stupid ticket. very open ended.. have fun, he might put you thru the ringer. put it all back to stock.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
as long as you stay under the radar they dont fuck with you. They dont screw with me ever.

and BTW watch waht you say about moving here, come to socal, and youll never wanna leave.

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
I cant imagine dealing with that here. I know the local cops here have complained about my old exhaust in my 89 but they did not give me any tickets.. They complained about my tint too. but just to be a pain. Still no tickets.

Good luck . I guess put it all back to stock and have no fun at all...

2 intakes! thats funny.. ! haha. You should have told him its to keep the Flux-Capacitor from overheating.