brakes install

sleepersupra

i hate this car
Nov 5, 2005
Broken Arrow, Ok
i did a search on brakes install and got a whole lot of nothing.

so i just put my tokico blues in and decided to just go ahead and do the brakes while it's apart. is there any helpful hints or things i need to be aware of while doing this? i'm just doing the fronts right now.

d3fc0n

Jan 14, 2006
Macon, GA
sleepersupra said:
i did a search on brakes install and got a whole lot of nothing.

so i just put my tokico blues in and decided to just go ahead and do the brakes while it's apart. is there any helpful hints or things i need to be aware of while doing this? i'm just doing the fronts right now.

I just serviced my brakes and it went mostly as usual save for the fact that they last guy that owned the car didn't believe in proper lubrication. There is a bolt that the caliper slids on and if it's hasn't been lubricated you'll play hell lining up the caliper on the rotor currently. Even more hell if you are forced to hit it with a sledge hammer... Another story, anyway, just make sure you use the brake pad mounting clips and the tension springs to eliminate brake rattle. Let me know how it goes!

___
d3fc0n

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
dont lose the little clips that keep the brake pads from dragging!! without them it will warp your rotor.. the back ones should be as easy as the front

the rest of the stuff is as easy, just torque everything right

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
yeaa, i had the same problem with the union bolt on my passenger side caliper, the rubber boot broke, and it became dry, resulting in me having to bang the hell out of it for about 15 mins straight to finally get it out!! luckily I got the caliper kit too... Yea, I also lost my springs (the two wishbone shaped things), I almost had a panic attack, and then I realized they were stuck to the bottom of my shoe:icon_mad: ...anyway tell us how it goes...

N

NDBoost

Just did mine this weekend as well.

Its very straight forward, Just undo the bottom bolt and flip the caliper up. Pull the pads off put the new ones on and compress the piston. Then just flip the caliper down and rebolt.

Took me about 30-40min to do the brakes, including swapping one caliper out and bleeding all 4 calipers.

Im now running EBC Greenstuff pads instead of these crappy Raybestos pads :biglaugh: