Brake booster, vielside intake, 2jz swap clearance issue.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I am very close but not quite able to fit my vielside intake on my 2jz during my swap into a 1990 mkii.

My question is, can I dent my brake booster sluightly without killing it or is there a slightly smaller diameter booster of some other car that will fit for me?

Anyone have any other suggestions, I'll post a pic.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Man... haven't heard this issue in a LONG LONG time...

Form what I can remember (as it's been a few years), you can use a brake booster off the trucks, as it's smaller, but you won't get as much assist. Another option is the hydraulic brake booster (haven't seen anyone do that in a supra).

Could modify the intake (doubt you will considering it's cost)

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Well, you are right I have fully decided against modifying the intake at all no matter what.

I've been researching the design of the booster and from what I can get so far a dent should not be all that determental to it's operation or it's logevity at all. (Please correct me if I am wrong here)

All I need to complete this build now is a exhaust header and to decide on engine management, route my intercooler piping. Unfortunately I doubt I will beat the snow to the ground though.

Oh ya, any suggestions on waste gate selection? I'm not at home ATM so I post setup details and some pics later tomorow.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2JZ_MA70

Aug 28, 2007
Cleveland
I have a hydro-boost unit that I made when I had the 2JZ in the car. There is plenty of room. the ony problem you run into is the brake fluid cap is close to the hood. $100 plus shipping and its yours. It also increases braking power. It has to be plumbed into the power steering.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Old topic I forgot that I had even started but what I ended up doing and worked well but was bucket loads of work and I actually would recommend against doing is......I had the car completely stripped down bare to the metal for painting and sorta used 2 boosters to make one that is shifted about 1" over. It was a huge amount of work and a pain in the ass though. But yes, it did work.

2JZ_MA70

Aug 28, 2007
Cleveland
I ran into this issue few years ago...
I might still have a hydroboost unit that would mount in the factory location. You have to plumb it in the factory PS system.. It will give you better braking also....
I have to see if I kept it or junked it ... LOL

EvoLuTioN

no-JZ Your Mom!
Mar 10, 2006
Bed
2JZ_MA70;1595217 said:
I ran into this issue few years ago...
I might still have a hydroboost unit that would mount in the factory location. You have to plumb it in the factory PS system.. It will give you better braking also....
I have to see if I kept it or junked it ... LOL

oh hell yeah if you got that ;)