both turbo and supercharger

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
i have been wondering if it would be possible to turbo charge a supercharged vehicle, or visa versa. i have heard both yes and no. it seems doable, maybe not practical, but doable. is it possible?

Merlyn

Mar 9, 2007
Maryland
it is possible to do it. People do it to prevent turbo lag, or to make up for the turbo lag. Or at least from those I hear. For instance my friend has a GTP, it is a super charged car, they have a turbo kit out for them.

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
I swore some time ago I saw a picture of a RB26DET with both. I'll see if I can find it. Don't know if it was a fake pic or not.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
but, how would the boost be. superchargers give full boost on wot, and a turbo has to build boost. so if you had both, how would......i'm confused.

VodkaBob

Mar 27, 2007
Riverside
www.myspace.com
the suprercharger is low end where as the turbo is high end power. by the time the supercharger is dying out the turbo kicks in. it just costs too damn much. i saw a suzuki 3 cylinder engine twin-charged with triple digit boost. explain that one. lol

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
they have something like this on a VW car in like the UK i believe, forgot which model has it though

edit: didn't click that link until after i wrote this, w00pz

Last edited:

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I'm suprised that it hasn't yet been mentioned, but there was a twincharger kit available for the 4AGZE MR2 back in the day.
Might have been marketed by HKS, dunno.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
thechori said:
they have something like this on a VW car in like the UK i believe, forgot which model has it though

edit: didn't click that link until after i wrote this, w00pz

Yup, the Volkswagen Golf GT, the GTi's little brother.

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
The Meguiars integra has both....... My friend actually owns this car:3d_frown: his dad is the CEO of Meguiars Thialand and he was going to try and bring it to the States but couldn't, He ended up moving back to Thialand after high school and when my other friend just went to visit him he was picked up from the airport in a Lambo........ That rich asshole:3d_frown:

p112171_image_large.jpg

p112168_image_large.jpg

suprarich

Nov 9, 2005
ohio
I could open the hood to one of my dump trucks and show you a garrett turbo feeding a gm blower. Detroit Diesel has been doing that since the 40's

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
Dunckel said:
but, how would the boost be. superchargers give full boost on wot, and a turbo has to build boost. so if you had both, how would......i'm confused.

the supracharger builds boost down low then has a possable clutch setup to disengage then lets the turbo take off from there