Bosch Platinum+4 spark plugs

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Well, after my little accident, I am going to be replacing my spark plugs. Would the bosch platinum+4's be a good choice? I've heard nothing but good things with them. What do you think

N

NDBoost

ive had problems with them in supras and ive heard of having issues with z's.. i wouldnt use them.. a gapless sparkplug how is that possible?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i use Autolite 3923's gapped at .30 or NGK's.

i usually stick with the autolites though.

-shaeff

supramacist

Banned
Apr 8, 2006
The Grassy Knole
IMO...., stick with the ngk plug that the owners manual referrs to. What ever happened to those Old School champion spark plugs? Anyone??? red box kind of like a black and white bow tie? was I dreaming this.

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
Bosch blow, i work at an auto parts store and REFUSE any customer who asks for them, i dont give a shit if its bad customer satisfaction, i will not sell those plugs.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
shaeff said:
i use Autolite 3923's gapped at .30 or NGK's.

i usually stick with the autolites though.

-shaeff

Autolite 3923 FTW.

Just so everyone knows, I just lost my FTW virginity.......................:biglaugh:

I feel like such a slut right now.................lol

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I picked up some NGK R's Laser Platinums... gapped to .043in way better then the denso plugs in there before... oh ya, and my car is running great now!

RIPDOTCOM

May 22, 2005
Tallahassee, FL
I used to run Bosch Platinums in my Supra. Never had a problem. Recently changed to cheap copper NGK. Copper Plugs run much hotter so there is less likelyhood of failure due to the higher heat burning off carbon deposits. I also run N2O every now and then and copper are the only plugs recommended for N2O

a_zepeda926

Apr 4, 2006
Anaheim, CA
copper is a better conductor than platinum, and creates a better spark. platinum has a longer life, however. so, you either get one or the other.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
oh yeah, i forgot to mention, the autolite 3923's that i use are the coppers. ;)

-shaeff