boosted integra & newer mustang

supraboy

Jun 12, 2007
washington
my friend recently got his 96 integra ls boosted and wanted to race me. so i met up with him at the skate park and we decided we'd do a few pulls. then one of our friends with a 01 or 02 mustang wanted in on the action too, he had a cold air intake and exhaust. so we pull out to go to one of our safe spots and immediately the integra romps on it and blows my doors off :aigo: i gotta admit i underestimated him, granted i didn't know we were going, i still couldn't catch him. anyways we got to our place. and we lined up mustang, me, integra, we must have been mashing for like 30, 45 minutes, lets just say i didn't win a single f ing one. i was so pissed at the end of the night!!! :icon_evil i don't understand, my mods: 3" exhaust, turbonetics t3 ceramic ball bearing turbo, rebuilt head, newly installed maft pro ( i didn't know how to use it :3d_frown: ) but still the mustang pulled away from me every time by atleast 2 or 3 cars. the integra we never really lined up against again, but when i was behind the mustang he was no where to be seen, later he said that he pulled out early cause he was spitting bolts lol.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
owned, where i wa. are you? I could help "some" as far as your maftpro issues are concerned if your anywhere in the southeast sector of wa.

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
mustangs can be woken up VERY easily (as with any v8)

it only takes intake and exhuast on a v8 300CI (5.0) or the smaller 4.6 V8s.
v8's take very well to these mods, and can really slam down some good HP with little effort.

a good example is a foxbody mustang 5.0

supraboy

Jun 12, 2007
washington
americanjebus said:
owned, where i wa. are you? I could help "some" as far as your maftpro issues are concerned if your anywhere in the southeast sector of wa.

im in the battle ground area, actually a little town about 15 miles north of battle ground called yacolt, ya any help on the maftpro would be greatly appreciated, pm me please

supraboy

Jun 12, 2007
washington
Nomad707 said:
mustangs can be woken up VERY easily (as with any v8)

it only takes intake and exhuast on a v8 300CI (5.0) or the smaller 4.6 V8s.
v8's take very well to these mods, and can really slam down some good HP with little effort.

a good example is a foxbody mustang 5.0

ya his was the 4.6 liter, and i really underestimated him, but he said that hes only running 295 horsepower, with my mods i should easily be in mid 3's right?

supraboy

Jun 12, 2007
washington
Nomad707 said:
well since you dont know how to use MAFT you could have a crappy tune.. (no offense)
do you have supporting mods for the turbo? injectors? fuel pump? AFM?

none taken, thats what i get lol. no but i am running on speed density mode, so i eliminated the afm

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
well if you dont have 550 injectors and a 255lph pump.. you will run lean and crappy.. and sooner rather then later, you will blow stuff up.. this is commonly discussed. when upgrading the turbo, you must install supporting mods.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
ive raced a couple of ls/turbo civics and i did pretty good and my car was pretty much stock then. 3in exhaust apexi intake stock boost (4psi in colorado) stock turbo :p they were set at 15psi

they were manual i was auto, they had me by the time i hit third gear

of course a civic with a turbo = major lag

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
^ yes, but keep in mind that turbos spool under load. no load= very little/no spool. ;)

it really is a trade-off.

-shaeff

Jaguar

Permanent Ban
Apr 4, 2005
SoCal
www.supramania.com
I raced a turbo Civic in my old 7M 60-1 and though it was close, he pulled on me and made me feel :nono: The thing looked completely stock except for wheels, but this is L.A., everybody has wheels! He kept looking over at me, and I knew that I was going to stomp his ass so I shrugged my shoulders and revved at him. We went for it, and that's when I heard the turbo. :aigo: :1zhelp: He had about a car on me when we shut it down. He got a huge thumbs up for that one.

Edit: I did have a boost leak though.

supraboy

Jun 12, 2007
washington
ya it does really piss me off when civics get turboed, lol cause then they're deadly. but luckily this kid was my friend so he was nice lol.

supramike7m

92 teal-wn turbo
Jan 29, 2006
prescott, Arizona
dude you went about upgrading your supra totally backwards. you have an upgraded turbo, with no fuel mods, no hardpipes, no intercooler, no boost controller, no wideband to tune in the first place. turbo upgrades should be the last thing on your list of upgrades.:3d_frown: no wonder you got smoked, your probably runnin like shit.

supramike7m

92 teal-wn turbo
Jan 29, 2006
prescott, Arizona
supraboy said:
ya but they weigh like 1/3 of what we do lol, damn you heavy supras lol.

that has nothing to do with it. well maybe a little. what kind of exhaust do you have? do you have an 3" elbow? that will free up alot of power. intake? any kind of boost control? next you need to upgrade your fuel system before you break shit. get a pump, injectors, afpr. your also need to get a wideband of somekind before you even think about fuckin with your maft pro.

supraboy

Jun 12, 2007
washington
weight has a lot to do with it, especially when i out weigh him by like 2000 lbs. but ya i have a manual boost control, plus the maft pro, and it was my dads car before mine, so he did all the turbo work, and i should be ordering my 750's and a walbro 255 pretty soon, is a wideband really that crucial??? if so what brand is recommended